Chapter 49

[ S E L E N A ]

"Zayn... where are you?" I opened the door to my room, to Eva's room. Nobody was there.

I didn't get a chance to talk to him in school, I was hoping he'd listen to me.

"Zayn, I know you're here!" I cried, falling to my knees. Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. I had to make this right.

I heard stifled sobs from the kitchen. I found Zayn sitting on the counter, trying to wipe away tears. My expression softened.

"Zayn, why are you crying?" I walked upto him but he waved me off and tried to walk away. "Zayn! Answer me."

"Don't you already know!" He growled, his voice hoarse. I was shocked. He has never screamed so loud. I stood frozen to my spot as he banged the door to my room shut.

A tear rolled down my cheek. I felt like I had been stabbed in the gut with a sword. I couldn't bear to see him cry, especially because of me. I walked upto the door and banged on it. "Open the door!"

No response. I could hear things crashing inside. He was doing it again, he would cut himself open.

"Zayn, I'll bring the door down!" I screamed, tears falling down my cheeks. "I-I love you!"

"You don't! Stop lying to yourself and me!" He yelled from inside.

"I swear I love you so much! How can I prove it to you? I'll do anything for you. Anything!" I punched the wall in frustration, my knuckles cracked.

The door clicked open. Zayn was leaning against the doorframe. He grabbed my hand and put it on his chest. His heart was beating loud and fast.

"Don't you ever fucking hurt yourself." He whimpered. I tightly hugged him.

"I'm scared, Sel. I'm scared you don't love me as much as I love you."

"I love you so much, ok? Don't be silly. Zayn, I'm sorry about today. I am really sorry. Luke just pulled me. I pushed him away, I didn't wanna kiss him, I swear. Please believe me Zayn, I won't be able to live without yo-"

"Ssh, I believe you." He pulled me closer by waist and touched his forehead to mine.