Sorry Mate, She's Mine ↣ Jealous!Dan

Comincia dall'inizio

Dan leans over your shoulder and reads the fanfic list you found on Tumblr.

The first fanfic on the list is a Ben X (Y/N).

Dan tightens his jaw.

"(Y/N)," he whispers, lightly touching your arm. "Can I...talk to you for a second?"

You tear your eyes away from the screen and look over at Dan. Your smile immediately disappears. He looks upset.

"Y-Ye...Sure," you nod. "Sure Dan." You hand your laptop to Ben, who has an unreadable expression on his face. "Ben, could you...wait a moment?"

Ben hesitantly nods.

"Be right back," he says, brushing his hand against yours.

You look back at him, lips parted in confusion. Did he just try to hold your hand?

You don't have any more time to think about it. Dan grabs your wrist and pulls you out of the room.

"Dan?" You ask as he leads you to the lounge.

He doesn't reply.

"Dan! What is wrong with you?!" You exclaim, pulling your arm out of Dan's grasp. "If this is about the whole Phan thing you could have just—"

Dan turns around sharply on his heel.

"This isn't about Phil!" Dan yells. "This isn't even about me!"

You shut your mouth and take a step back. Dan has never yelled at you like this before, and you don't like it.

Dan doesn't like it either. Immediately after the words escape his lips, his shoulders sag and he reaches out to you.

"Look, I-I'm sorry, (Y/N)," he says quietly, taking a step toward you. "I'm just..." he sighs. "I don't like Ben. He's acting really..." Dan groans and throws his hands up in exasperation. "I just don't like him!"

You frown. "Jealousy is one of your worst features, Dan."

You spin around and walk briskly back to Dan's bedroom, where Ben is still waiting.

Dan is left standing alone in the lounge, completely and utterly shocked.

"Everything okay?" Ben asks innocently as you walk back into the room.

"Yeah," you say, trying to make it sound casual. "Everything's fine."

Ben looks at you sideways, but nods. "Okay."

Dan walks in the room, and an awakened silence fills the air.

"So I found a perfect one to start out with I think," Ben says, setting the laptop in your lap. He leans closer to you, his arm going all the way behind your back, and looks at the screen.

Dan leans closer to you as well, but only slightly. Carefully, as if he's afraid you're still mad at him.

As soon as Dan reads the screen, his entire body stiffens. His jaw tightens, and he twists his mouth like he's just dying to say something. He looks to the side and brushes his fringe out of his brown eyes, which are filled with envy.

 He looks to the side and brushes his fringe out of his brown eyes, which are filled with envy

The fanfic on screen is a Ben X (Y/N).

Ben smirks every so slightly and runs his hand through his dirty blonde hair.

"So..." Ben starts. "—Oh wait, hold on, I think I'm out of frame..."

Ben scoots even closer to you, his hand much closer to a certain part of you than you would have liked. Dan notices this too, but he's a lot more upset about it.

"Alright, that's it—!" Dan jumps up. One hand is on his hip, the other is pointing toward the door. "Sorry, mate. She's mine. And I think you need to leave."

You look down and bite your lip to hold back your smile.

"(Y/N)!" Ben exclaims, shocked. "Aren't you going to do something about this?!"

You keep your eyes trained on your lap.

"Well, he is my boyfriend...and you were making me kind of uncomfortable..." You say sheepishly.

Ben scoffs incredulously. "(Y/N)!" He says again, this time grabbing your arm tightly.

"Ben!" You raise your voice and look up at him.

In one swift motion, Dan steps over and grabs Ben's wrist. Ben looks up at him, and Dan holds his glare. Anger flashes through his chocolate brown eyes. He wordlessly yanks Ben's arm away.

"Get out," Dan snaps, his two words ringing sharply through the room.

Ben stares at him for a second longer before getting up. He shoves Dan's shoulder to get past him and storms out of the flat.

Dan tilts his head back and stares at the ceiling, his hands on his hips.

You lick your dry lips and look up at him.

"Dan, I'm sorry," you murmur after a moment of silence.

"No, (Y/N). I'm sorry." He exhales and softly sits next to you on the bed. "For yelling at you, not for yelling at Ben. I'm not sorry for that at all."

You half-laugh and slowly intertwine your hand with his.

"I'm sorry for saying jealously is your worst feature. It's not, really. In fact, it's really sweet that you care that much about me to be so protective. Thank you."

Dan looks at you with wide eyes.

"You mean...you're not mad at me?" He mumbles.

You smile and squeeze his hand.

"Of course not. Actually..." you bite your lip and glance over at him. "It was kind of hot."

"Shut up!" Dan laughs, leaning over and kissing you.

Maybe you should make him jealous more often...

fin

Personally, I don't think jealousy is that bad in a relationship. Too much of it is bad, obviously. If it's controlling it's bad. But when it's just a little jealousy when like, another person is flirting with you or something, jealousy shows your partner cares about you enough to want you to love them, and give your entire heart to them, and have them give your entire heart to you. And I think that's really sweet.

On a totally unrelated note...we posted two more YouTube videos! Check them out and subscribe please? :) The channel is Star Dreamers. Thanks!

My video:

Katie's video:

I'm so tired I just want to sleep for ages