“Blaze!” Zeth yelled in the background as black dots started dancing in my vision.

In the next second he was knocked off of me. I coughed and immediately took in a big gulp of air as I looked around to see Zeth and Blaze fighting, their figures a blur as they used their vampire speed.

It ended as quickly as it started with Blaze pinning Zeth against the wall by his throat. He was bleeding from a split lip and a bruise had formed on his jaw and was already fading away. Zeth was barely hurt besides two bruises that were starting to fade as well.

“Never attack me again,” Blaze hissed menacingly.

Zeth snarled in reply, but didn’t say anything. Blaze released him, letting him drop to the floor. He got up before walking through a door, probably Blaze’s bathroom to clean up. Blaze turned his blazing eyes on me. His glare was so strong I flinched back from the anger and hate. I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain to start.

It never came.

I opened my eyes as I felt a whoosh of air pass me to see that Blaze was gone. He wasn’t in the room. He just disappeared. “Blaze?” I asked, scared that he was hiding to just surprise attack me. “Blaze?”

“He left,” Zeth said quietly and he walked out of the bathroom. “Went to go cool off, I guess. You got him pretty pissed.”

I sighed, laying on the ground, staring up at the blank ceiling. “You should’ve let him kill me,” I whispered.

“Why?”

“I’d rather be dead than be treated like this and have to deal with him everyday of my life,” I replied harshly.

Zeth echoed my earlier sigh as he sat next to me. “This isn’t the real him.”

My eyebrow rose questioningly.

“Something, er, happened. I can’t tell you,” he added with an apologetic glance. “You’ll have to find out from him.”

“Yeah, ‘cause he definitely wants to talk to me now,” I muttered.

“He’s only pissed because he knows it true and that you pointed it out. Like I said, this isn’t him and he’s not proud of it, either.”

I snorted. “Then why doesn’t he change back?”

Zeth shook his head. “Can’t tell you. Besides, I’ve already told you too much. If Blaze knew, he’d kill me.”

Heaving myself off the floor, I asked, “Can you show me the kitchen? I’m hungry.”

“Yeah, sure. Follow me.”

As I tried to get up, I fell back with a painful yelp when I put pressure on my right ankle. “Bloody bastard,” I hissed. “I twisted my ankle when he tackled me.”

Before I could say another word, Zeth had already scooped me up off the ground and was carrying my bridal style at vampire speed to the kitchen. I closed my eyes shut tightly and held onto him in a death grip, scared he’d drop me or something. His chest vibrated as he laughed at me, but me giving him the best whack I could shut him up.

We came to a stop in the kitchen, and he put me down. “A bit of a warning next time, please,” I said, trying to stop my head from spinning.

He laughed. “Sorry, but I knew if I had asked you would’ve said no.”

“Fair enough,” I mumbled, sitting on a stool.

“So what do you want to eat?”

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. “Uh, you’re actually letting me choose?”

Zeth sighed. “I’m not going to treat you like those assholes did at the Slave Center.”

“Oh. Umm, anything’s good, really,” I replied.

“Meatball sub?”

I grinned. “Sounds great.”

As Zeth started fixing my meatball sub, Blaze walked in looking a lot calmer than when he had left. It was kind of awkward, and you could feel the tension in the air as we stared at each other, expressionless. I rose an eyebrow before turning to Zeth.

“How long will it be?”

“Not long. I’m just using frozen meatballs,” he replied a bit sheepishly. “Is that okay?”

I smiled. “It’s fine.”

“How are you kids doing?”

I turned to see the Queen walking into the kitchen. “Er, good.”

“Are you all getting along okay?” she asked skeptically. And she had every reason to.

“Yeah, mom. We’re doing fine,” Blaze said, rolling his eyes.

She gave him a look. “Don’t roll your eyes at me.”

“Yes, mother,” he muttered.

Biting my lip, Zeth and I both tried to hide our chuckles. Blaze glared at us while the Queen seemed quite amused. Saying bye, she left us in the kitchen. A plate of meatballs and sauce in Italian bread was placed in front of me, and I eagerly dug in.

“I can’t remember the last time I actually ate something that was actually food, tasted good, and was enough to fill my stomach,” I said, swallowing my first bite.

Out of the corner of my eye I could’ve sworn I saw sympathy flash in Blaze’s eyes, but when I looked at him there was nothing.

I must be seeing things.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry! My schedule gets really busy in the spring. I have school, homework, the school play, guitar and soon soccer starts and it's just CRAZY!!! I'll really try to upload soon, but I hardly get a chance to get on my computer anymore.

Anyway, hope you guys like it! Tell me what you think!

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN

-azzeria123