Thirty-seven // Something I gotta tell you

Who knew that I could wake up at 5 in the morning all by myself and feel great at the same time? Definitely not me.

Honestly, how does anyone wake up so early and feel good at the same time?

But well, today was going to be an amazing day. That was also why I was standing infront of the door of the school building and waiting for someone to unlock this for me.
The dark school building looked more haunted than welcoming when no-one was around and no lights on.

"Jess?!" a deep voice echoed over the school yard towards me.

"Dylan?" I asked back and finally saw him coming towards me.

"Why are you here so early?" He pulled me in a hug, which left me frozen for a split second. I didn't know what to do. I only felt warmness surrounding me. My heart pounding so loud, that I snatched back to reality and hugged him back.

This felt so right. No, this was right.

"Well I could ask you the same question Dylan." I said, giggling a bit even though there was nothing to laugh about.

He shook his head with a half-grin and patted me on the head. Mumbling something I couldn't hear properly.

"Answer my question and you have your own answer." Dylan laughed and took some little steps away from me.

"That's exactly the meany way of yours. No surprise." I whispered and played being annoyed from him. Rolling my eyes in the process.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm mean, great that we figured that out together."

"Hey, why did I have to stay a whole week at home Dylan?" Narrowing my eyes, I closed the large gap between us, he had formed, until only some centimeters divided us. I didn't count the bit of height difference in, of course.

"Uhm...well yeah, you will find that out soon enough. Just wait and see cutie."

And right that moment the door got unlocked.

- - -

I was so confused. No, being confused couldn't even describe, what was going on with me.

I was just...well...no idea.

No matter where I went, which lesson I had or just stood around doing nothing and staring stupidly at the ceiling...people were nice to me.

Let me say it once again, they were nice to me.

I never knew, that all these people could be nice. Nobody even dared to stare at me or give me mean looks. Suspiciously walking down the hall full of weirdly nice students I kept on searching for Dylan because I knew that all this had to do with him but right after the first lesson he had vanished.

"O-oh h-hey Jess!" Waving shyly Carlton ran across the hallway to get to me as soon as possible. Again, all confused and bit afraid of what he was going to say, I just waved back and watched his movements closely.

"S-so well yeah, I wanted to a-apologise for everything I have done in the past to you. I wasn't really nice. Bullied you without a reason and that was just horrible from me. I hope,...I really really do hope, that you can forgive me Jess. I'm so sorry. It's okay, if you don't forgive me too. I-I would understand that..." he stuttered the most of his sentences and reached his hand out.

I was absolutely gone. He was apologising? Carlton, the guy, who hated every bit of my existence...apologised.

I stared at his hand, then at him, back to his hand and again, at him.

This wasn't a joke right?

"It's okay I guess, everyone makes faults. So, I do forgive you and besides...that's all in the past now. Let's have a fresh start." I shook his head and smiled at him at brightly as I could.

He smiled back that much, that I was pretty sure that it had to hurt like hell.

"Oh before I forget, school garden, you, go, now!" telling me every word with a dramatic pause Carlton turned around and ran out of my sight. The weirdness wouldn't easily go today. That was for sure.

What was I even supposed to do at the school garden?

- - -

Entering the large and beautiful garden of the school was like a scene cut out a movie. All different colours and various flowers were stunning and the atmosphere itself was breathtaking. The scent of the flowers dazzling my senses I moved in and closed the gate behind me, I had opened seconds ago.

Quietly moving the path between all the flowers on, I saw someone standing at the end, infront of the bandstand for me.

Dylan was wearing a suit?

"Jess!" he shouted and waved me towards him.

"D-ylan why, what is happening?"  I asked confused and got so close to him that I could see his face completely and clear.

He was only laughing.

"I wanted to ask you something and make it official." he shrugged his shoulders and pulled me closer by my hands.

"Jess, we've been through a lot. Back then and also now. I was gone without saying a word and there wasn't and still isn't a single day I regret that decision of mine. You got more and more important to me until I couldn't stand a day without hearing something from you or seeing you. Jess...what I mean is I want to be by your side everyday. So I know I'm not asking a terribly important question but well, for me it is..." he paused and pulled me into his arms until only some centimeters were between us.

"Jess do you want to be my girlfriend?"

I was so happy...that I couldn't form a sentence. I opened my mouth and closed it again. Staring at him frozen.
Without losing more time, I closed my eyes and pressed my lips against his.

Our movements in sync until we both had to urge to breathe again.

"Y-yes, I would love to!" I answered Dylan and hugged him.

Who knew that my life could get this beautiful in a short while like that.

- - -

Heyyy

I know I'm late once again and I'm so sorry but well we nearly got to the end. Only one more chapter and that is getting uploaded right after this one. Nahw it's ending ;-;

Well see you in the very last chapter from the story of these 2 lovebirds. *-*

Risingvision