Thirty-three // Secrets

Adam's point of view

I didn't tell Shawn about this. Didn't ask him for advice, if that what I was going to do is a very bad or maybe a good idea but I couldn't help it anymore. I had to tell her. I knew that it would be risky but going on like this wasn't a solution either. Sooner or later she would find it out. 

Honestly, I'm just an idiot. 

Overthinking the whole situation I kept on walking the dark streets, barely illuminated by the dim light of the street lamps. No one was in sight. Like everyone was sensing the disaster this day would end in. 

My heart was aching in my chest as closer I got to the bridge. Why meeting on a bridge? I don't have a clue. Jess suggested it. Probably to push me down when she would find it out and I would totally understand that.

After walking five more minutes I finally saw her. She was leaning with her forearms on the railings of the small bridge. Her dark long hair and black coat waving in the wind as she stared at the flowing water under her feet. 

How much I missed her. 

I still was standing too far away from her but I was able to catch a glance on her face. Her beautiful smile. Was I going to destroy all of this? Make her angry or worse...sad? 

I clenched my fists because I was angry at myself. It was a bad idea. Turning around quickly I began to walk away. I can't do this. I just...

"Adam?!" Jess shouted confused. "Is that you? And why would you walk away?!" 

I bit my lower lip.

"Yeah, it's me and well..." I started talking without turning my body towards her. "I'm sorry Jess..."

"Adam...what is going on? Why would you be sorry?" I could hear how she was shifting unsurely from one foot to another. "Why won't you look at me?"

Taking a deep breath I turned towards her. She needed some seconds to realize who was standing there in front of her...Some time to recognize me. 

Jess stumbled some steps backwards and stared at me with a pained expression. 

"N-no, t-this...I...you..." she stuttered. Tears were slowly running down her face and I hated myself so much this moment. I wanted to go to her, hold her in my arms and apologize for all my faults but I couldn't move nor talk. 

"I-I...why?!..."Shaking her head furiously, she began to run to the other direction. Away from me.

"Jess! Wait!"

"Leave me alone!" was the last thing I have heard from her before she disappeared out of my sight. 

Trembling I leaned my back to the railing and stared at the sky. This all was my fault. After I calmed down, I stood up slowly and felt the stinging pain my chest. 

"You Jerk! Idiot!" Completely shocked I stared at Jess running back to me. Her eyes red and puffy and cheeks tears stained. "How dare you!"

The next thing I knew, was how her fist collided with my cheek. The pain was spreading out to my whole face and making me a bit dizzy in the process. Her punch was absolutely on fleek. Groaning quietly I began to rub my face. I deserved this. 

"Adam, huh?! Idiot, idiot, idiot!" 

"Jess..." but I couldn't finish my sentence. Jess literally jumped on me, so, that both of us fell on the ground. She on top of me. Looking at me with tears again in her beautiful eyes. 

"Don't say a single word!" She shouted and...kissed me. Her lips moving carefully against mine. I could taste the salty tears, that ran down her sweet lips. I was overwhelmed by my feelings. She didn't hate me? Jess didn't hate me even after all I did to her?

"I missed you so much. So, so much! Do you think, that I could hate you?" She said right after her lips left mine. "I could never hate you even though you are a complete idiot."

"Jess,... Jess I'm so sorry. I swear I never wanted to leave. I should have told you it way earlier but I was afraid. Afraid of losing you again. Afraid that you would hate me more than anything else and besides we were best friends but...I've...fallen in love with you..." I muttered looking straight in her eyes.

"I..I love you too...Dylan."

- - -

Heeeyyy everyone, 

nooww did you expect this haha?! And noopeee the story is not done yet ;3 I hope you liked it and don't forget to leave a comment about your thoughts. I'm so cuuuriiiooss ^^

Hope to see you guys in the next chapter

risingvision