Chapter 12: Undeniable Attraction

*Warning this chapter is a bit sexual* 

I asked around the castle for the room that Damien was staying in. Despite the ton of dirty looks that I received, one of them finally pointed out the place. He was staying in the guest chambers which were located on the second floor of the East wing. I walked down the halls in the direction that the servant had shown me and prayed that that ego manic would not catch up to me. He would probably try and tackle me down.

I was not justified in my action towards him well not in the South at least. Women who fight back against attackers no matter what class gets severely punished.

That's another reason why marrying him was an absolute no-no. If I retaliate in any way, he had the right to punish me since I am his wife. Wife was more like property down here. Vampire or not, women had little to no say down here. I was safer up North with Damien or in the human fraction. At least up north women were free women. They could speak against attackers, get the attackers persecuted, could marry whom they please, even join the King's command if we wanted. Damien was not big on bigotry towards women.

Even though there is an occasional rapist that attack peasant woman, like the guard that tried to sully me. If I were a vampire woman who was attacked, then I would be justified in killing him. Since Damien is pretty lax on human rights up North and the human Lord was as well in the human faction, we handled our own rapist or attackers.

Either way, I was much safer in the North. I made it up the stairs to find Damien's room. I knocked on the door, but no one answered. I knocked again. Surely they didn't attack him or poison him. I started frantically slapping my hand against the door as sweat dripped down my face. Oh, gods above please be alive! The door opened, and a tired Damien stood in front of me. His steps were a bit lingering as he looked me over.

His face looked emotionless, "What are you doing here?"

"Damien, how much wine did you have?" I question as I step into his room. He closes the door behind me.

"Um, a few glasses...why?" he asks as he sits on his bed rubbing his eyes.

"Well, I was just with Hadrian and-"

"Spare me the details. You accepted his courtship, I'm happy for you. Now I'm going back to sleep." he replied glumly before laying back on his bed. I walk over and grab his arm pulling him back up. He yanked his arm away irritated,

"What's the matter with you?" I whisper as I hear footsteps walking past. He looks me dead in my eye.

"I don't want to hear about how great Hadrian is. I'm glad you made your choice." I roll my eyes.

"Are you done?" He sighed loudly and flopped back on the bed. He turned his back to me.

"Just get out."

"If you had let me finish, I was going to say that Hadrian-"

"Addeline, I said I get it." he snarled. I groaned and crawled on top of his side. He flipped over so that his back was on the bed and I was leaning on top of him. Before he could open his mouth to protest, I covered his mouth. He eyebrows scrunched together,

"You really need to shut up so I can finish." He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Hadrian is the biggest ego centralized, pompous, misogynist asshole that I have ever met in my life. And I would never ever marry that man." His eyes roamed over my face to search for the lie in my statement. When he was satisfied, they softened. I kept my hand over his mouth,

"I also came to tell you that-" he moved my hand and leaned up to kiss me. My eyes widened in shock, but I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back with equal passion. He placed both hands on my waist and pulled me even closer. I leaned my head to the side and closed my eyes. My breast rubbed against his broad chest, and the sheer contact caused them to perk up. I felt his erection press against my core, so I pushed against it. This caused him to groan and flip us over.