Intermisson: Song Explanations

Start from the beginning

These three major enemies tear people apart, believing they can get away with it. Crave for more than what they have, enjoy the pain they inflict, the hate they sow because there is no order anymore. Everything is free game to them.

And Nick figures... he's not gonna have it. You want an enemy? Fine, you got one. You're not taking anything or anyone else from me and get away with it. If I have to be the monster to take you out... so be it.

Just now gotta figure out how to break that habit of him asking too many questions when he ought to be killing these people. But I suppose that depends on the situation, but still, that's a dangerous habit to keep, Nick.

Also this song is shared with Red, Ross and The Strangers. Because they are the enemies and have no intention of befriending Nick or his group. Thus enemies to him and he is their enemy and they enjoy the game. So the song fits with Nick singing, he's sick of their shit. And the song fits the antagonists because they're not hiding anything, they enjoy what they do and the song only makes them smile more.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Ghetto

Rollout (My Business) by Ludacris – Okay, this song is kinda funny on its own and perfectly describes how I see Ghetto. In the earlier portion of the series Ghetto had a funny and really a big personality. One such of him thinking he's bigger than he is, which is being extremely cocky and thinks of himself better than his friends (in a friendly manner mind you).

I mean really, play this song and watch one of the earlier episodes BEFORE he was bitten. And then tell me if it doesn't fit him. This fits with him strolling down the street with the others in a supply run. He's not a fool, no, he's just doing this to hide his fear and rib the other guys for laughs. And kinda describes how he banters with Nick often when it comes to peaches or marshmallows.

I don't know what else to say about this song, I mean I sat there for an hour listening to it as I was writing Ghetto's profile and it just fits. I don't know how else to word it. XD

Lullaby by Nickleback – Okay this song is odd for Ghetto but important to how I see him now. This describes Ghetto's mindset in struggling to deal with the fact he's practically a dead man walking; chained to having to take Formula X daily to stay alive with the virus within him. His struggle to worry that one day, he'll run out of Formula X and turn... be forced to be put down by one of his friends. Like how he saw Sky had to do to Barney and he does not want that burden to be on anyone, least of all Nick.

The shock of being bitten has really changed his personality and view of the world. And counts each day he still lives as a blessing, he becomes more careful, mindful of others. Which he does get a bit of his bark back, its still a diluted version of how he used to be. And I don't think, even if he is cured, that he'll ever go back as he was completely.

Being that close to death changes people.

This also describes his attempts of helping Sky go through his loss of his best friend. He understands the loss completely a lot more than the others do. While the death isn't the same, Jordan was blown to bits whereas Barney was turned and then shot to 'save' him; and Jordan's death was dealt by Red, while Barney's was by Ross' hand. He still understands.

In a sense, Ghetto was a bit suicidal given he couldn't careless if he's bleeding out or shot when it came to his revenge on Red. Sky was the same, I suppose, that he couldn't care what happened to himself as long as he achieved his goal. And Ghetto recognized it, seeing a reflection of himself within Sky. And it terrifies him, so he tries to help him like the others helped him.

It doesn't work, sadly, but he still tried and understands why the others pulled him back from that dark path. Saw what lengths he would go to avenge Jordan from just seeing what Sky was doing in his rage. So Ghetto becomes more appreciative of his friends and much more aware of himself as a whole.