Bonus Scene: Barney's Death

A/N: Bonus scene! Was gonna be short but my typing said otherwise... I feel like I butchered this... but I've never really wrote someone... turning before. So hey, practice for me! This is completely original as its my idea of what happened in the time between Barney dropping his crossbow to the time the group finds him... turned.

Again, its not a shipping fic. Just designed to be weird. I mean come on, someone's turning into a zombie... thought processes aren't gonna be sharp and normal. But if you want to think of it as a shipping moment... then go ahead. Just know I didn't write it that way but I guess it could be seen as it. XD

Anyway, enjoy! :D

(I actually forgot to post this here. It was written the next day after I wrote the first one. lol Anyway, its something to let you guys have something read until I finish I guess a request moment from the series.) 

Edit: Did some editing to clean it up a bit more. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He coughed, his throat raw from screaming, it hurt to breathe but he had to... it was so hard too feed his lungs with air. When would it stop? Pain sliced and clawed through him, making him feel like he was being torn apart, yanked around in the hands of Walkers fighting over his body. And he burned, barely registering that was the odd sensation he felt earlier, a slow burn that seemed to boil his organs.

"Goat..." he moaned weakly, eye barely open as he missed being with his best friend dearly, "Go-" He didn't finish, pain hitting him hard once more by taking a blow torch to his organs, wrenching his back to bend in a painful angle. He screamed, which then turned into a gurgled mess as bile rose and his mind went blank a second time.

The next time the Avatar became aware of himself, he was on his hands and knees, heaving the last of his meal onto the plush red carpet beneath him. He coughed harshly, trying to clear the way for his lungs to intake what little air he could gather, before blinking bleary at the mess he made. Blood was mixed into it and fear clutched him at the thought of him dying. He shook his head, clearing the thoughts from his mind. No, no he can't think that way. He had to get to Sky and Jess and- His heart skipped a beat in terror in thinking of them.

They don't know about Ross!

They had no idea what was happening to him and the narwhal could be heading their way with some false story to tell them! Barney gritted his teeth at the thought. He had to get to them first and warn them. Ross can't be allowed near them. He forced himself to his feet, nearly caving in again as a wave of weakness swept over him, but he ignored it, he'll have time to rest later. Right now, he had to get to Sky and Jess.

To his surprise, the pain had eased but the burning was still there, low and slow but still there. That was fine by him as he staggered over to a counter and used it as support to walked unevenly out of the room. He had to beat Ross to the bunker room, the White House was huge and there was no telling where his friends were at the moment. Perhaps that would be enough to cause Ross to get lost and if Barney was lucky, he'll get to them before the mad doctor did.

He had a lot of walking to do...

......

Barney didn't know how long he had been stumbling along in search of his friends. He had blacked out twice more before and had found himself in a different part of the area. He hoped he was going the right way still yet at this point he had no idea but he couldn't give up. He squinted against the darkness of the hallway he was in, with the lights broken it was hard to tell if it was still the same night or was morning by now. His sense of time had long since vanished in the fog of his mind, his head hurt probably from the fever he was getting or from the pain he had been in for who knows how long. Either way, it made it difficult to think outside of his goal of getting to his best friend.