Sneak Peek: 3 Days Later

A/N: 3 and a half pages and I'm only 30 seconds into the video... this might be a bit of a long one folks... so again, it may take me a little time. Depends on how long I'm left alone to write it out. So I got a nice chunk done... so I figured I'd give everyone a sneak peek of what I have. Or at least a bit of it. XD

Now, when I do complete the requested moment... I will replace the sneak peek  with the completed version. So keep an eye out for that, okay? :D

Enjoy the little bit here! 

{EDIT} It's taking me a bit longer... but I will say its about 9 pages long so far on my Word Document... so I'm gonna give you guys another sneak peek to hold you guys over until its done! :D Enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Fuck, I really should have explored the place more!" Nick muttered to himself as he continued his search. You know what? That's what he'll do when this was over. Once he found Ghetto and the group reclaimed the CDC, the brunet was going to do some exploring to get more familiar... and grabbing a map would help as well too. The Avatar nodded to himself as he skidded a little on his feet as he took a corner quickly and kept running down yet another hall. "That sounds like a plan, but first I gotta find-" He slowed down to take another corner and froze as a familiar figure stood in his line of sight, their back to him. It looked as though the Avatar before the brunet was opening a door at the end of the corridor.

Dark skin.

Collared cape in a familiar shade of blood red.

"Ghetto!" Nick cried out happily, relief flooding through him at the sight of his best friend. Thank God he was alive and okay. 'Thank goodness... he's okay. Now we can go back and help Shark.'

Same glowing green eyes-

-that now glared at him in rage, the dark Avatar lifting an assault rifle in his hands...

Relief gave way to concern and confusion as the brunet watched as the weapon was aimed at him. Was something wrong? Why would...?

'Ghetto?'

BANG!

Nick cried out sharply in pain as the bullet pierced the flesh just above his armpit; the round tearing through and fortunately, missed the bone entirely. Blood didn't gush but poured heavily from the wound as the brunet stumbled back and slumped against the wall behind him. Nick stared at his best friend in shock from both the action that happened and from the injury while his left hand gripped his injured arm.

"Y-you shot me..." His voice trembled, a hurtful and betrayed expression crossing Nick's face before the look was replaced with a grimace of pain; his dark eyes clouding over in suffering.

"This is for Jordan." the dark Avatar hissed angrily, leveling the rifle for the kill shot.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Alright, let's go." Shark said quietly and the three of them walked. It took Ghetto a minute or two of awkward walking but finally got adjusted to Nick's weight so they could walk straight with Shark helping by tugging gently on Nick's shirt to keep him from completely leaning on the dark Avatar. Nick himself didn't seem to really notice a difference, stumbling along as he went with them, his gaze unfocused on anything but the floor.

"I'm thirsty." Nick mumbled weakly, eyes half closed and glazed over as he fought a little to stay awake.

Ghetto hesitated, wondering if he should answer but guilt gnawed at him. -Look at him. He's barely conscious and alive and its your fault. Think you're in a position to answer your best friend that you nearly killed?- The dark Avatar flinched as his mind hissed at him, looking away to avoid Nick's glassy stare.

"We'll get you some water, Nick." Shark replied, giving Ghetto a look of sympathy, knowing well that the Avatar was struggling with his guilt. He pat the injured Avatar's back, bringing his attention to him. "Think you can hold on a bit longer until then?"

The brunet nodded slowly as if he wasn't sure he heard correctly. "Okay."

Shark winced. God he sounded so helpless right now and obviously he was helpless given his weakened state. A chill went through him as a thought popped into his head. If Red came back... Nick would be easy pickings and now that Ghetto realized he was lied to into nearly killing his best friend in the maniac's stead; Shark was going to have trouble keeping an eye on both. He knew AK and Gray would help, but they didn't have the man power to keep both Nick safe and keep Ghetto from going on a rampage.

...That's a thought best left alone, right now he needed to focus on getting to the first floor as fast as possible.