He looked better, more rested and rejuvenated, but there was still a heavy sadness about him. Quickly, he crossed the room and pulled me into a hug while Ethan went to the refrigerator. "I'm so glad we didn't lose you little sister."

"Me too," I sighed out. "Are you ok?"

Evan shrugged. "Are any of us?"

"Touche," I replied with a tiny smile. "At least we're having hash browns?"

Evan chuckled to himself then kissed my crown. "Yes, and they are all going to be crispy this time!"

"Well then you're making them," Ethan said as he pulled out a six pack and a bottle of champagne. "Want a beer?"

"God yes," Evan breathed out. "I want like twelve."

I patted his back then walked to a drawer and pulled out a beer opener, tossing it to Evan with a smile before I started to pull out some plastic champagne flutes that Ethan had argued were way more 'practical sunshine' than glass when we were at Sam's. Either way, it didn't matter; because I turned around and saw Ethan pop open a beer while he pulled the pancake batter out and Evan smile as he joked with Ethan. A real smile.

For a moment, it felt like things were ok. Like we would be ok. I would see to it that we all would; my beast agreed. She was ready to end this, we all were.

"Can I help?" I asked while I crossed the room again to pull out some orange juice.

Ethan kissed my crown. "Nope, Ev and I got it."

"That's right little sister," Evan said with a coy smile. "No one makes hash browns like I do."

"Ev, they're practically already made," I replied with a sardonic brow as I uncapped the orange juice.

Evan waved me off as he pulled out a skillet. "Unnecessary details Char."

I poured myself a mimosa then walked to sit on a stool around the kitchen island when Lucas walked down the stairs. It was still so crazy seeing him here; he was real. He was really here with us. I could just see him, but I could feel his blood hum like a steady current. Evan had been right, Lucas was the alpha pup. There was no denying that.

He ran his fingers through his damp hair; he had on one of Ethan's shirts and basketball short. Lucas crossed the kitchen and eyed the other males at the stove. "Breakfast? I thought you were joking."

"It's what Ethan wanted," I said into my mimosa.

"Good choice," Lucas added before he kissed my cheek. He walked to the other mimosa I had set out for him, and took it in his hand.

"How was hunting?" Ethan asked.

"Needed," Evan sighed out.

"Agreed," Lucas added. "Where's Dominic?"

"I'm sure zipping over here," I replied into my glass. "I guess I have a new uncle."

Evan chuckled. "At least he's useful."

"True, he did compel some gamma in the packhouse to tell him where you had all the booze and ice cream hidden," Lucas said as he walked over to me.

Evan's eyes widened. "He did what?"

Lucas shrugged as he sat down. "Dad wanted his ice cream–desperate times man."

"My stash?" Evan breathed out.

"Evan, is it really a secret stash if everyone knows?" I asked.

Evan moved his hand over his heart in a mock hurt. "Little sister, the sacred stash has now been tainted."