Chapter 41

Isabella's POV

   It's crazy what this last year had brought to my life. I have a great job touring and taking pictures of Brantley, reconnecting with Chase my best friend, and becoming engaged to Brantley. It's almost strange to be in my childhood home, sleeping in the bedroom that I grew up in. There is a knock at the door and I tell them to come in. My momma walks in and I scoot over in my bed. She lays beside me and asks how I am feeling. I told her I had butterflies in my stomach but never had I been more sure of something. Brantley was my future and I was so ready to be his wife. She told me that he had asked my daddy for his blessing the first day he met him at my birthday party and also your brothers gave their blessings. I look at momma and tell her that I am so blessed but momma can daddy really do this today. Can he give me away and do the wedding ceremony? Momma looks at me and told me that he had always dreamed of it, if that's what I wanted and with Brady being gone then I was his only shot at performing a marriage ceremony of his children. I start to cry and I tell momma I miss Brady on days like today because he and Chase would have already been in here giving me hell. Momma laughed and at that moment the door bust open and Chase and Justin were on my bed jumping up and down like they were 2 years old. I laughed and Chase laid down beside me and told me it was time to get my lazy but up cause this morning was for the gang then after lunch the girls could have me. Justin told me he had strict orders from Katie to have me back by 12 so I needed to get a move on. I told them to get out so I could get dressed and then we would leave.
   I got up and pulled on some ripped jeans and a long sleeve tshirt  and my boots. I threw my hair in a ponytail and grabbed Brady's Seal cap and slipped it on. I went downstairs and momma handed me a travel mug of coffee and a egg sandwich. I hugged her and told her thanks. I ran to the truck and climbed in and looked at Chase and told him that we were wasting daylight. He tore out of my driveway and headed to our spot on the riverbank. He parked and let the tailgate down and we hopped on and cast our lines and then Junior pulled in with Kelley. I was in my happy place with my people and we had added Justin as an honorary member since he had been in my life the last few years. We hung out and just talked about old times and then we hear a phone ringing. It was an alarm telling us it was time to get back so the getting ready could begin. I hug them all and thank them that it was just what I needed today. Junior holds me and tells me that he is so proud of me and that I would always be his baby girl that he had loved me since I was just hours old. I told him that I knew that he had my heart too, that I would always need my protector, my sounding board and the one who had my back against the crazies over there as I pointed at Chase and Justin.
We all head back to my parents house and before I get out Chase grabs my hand and told me that I had found a good man and that Brady would have loved him. But that I need to know that he would always be there for me no matter that Brantley was in my life now. I told him I know because he was my brother and there wasn't any way he was gonna get rid of me. He kissed my forehead and I got out and headed into the house. I headed to the shower and when I got out all the glam squad was there ready to get me ready. I let them take over and I just think about the sexy man that is gonna be waiting for me at the end of the aisle in the church I grew up in.
  They are finished and tell me it's time to head to the church. I walk downstairs and there is a long stretch limo waiting for us. I shake my head knowing this has B written all over it.
  We get to the church and once inside the brides chamber I am left alone and there was a knock at the door. I ask who it is and it's Chase. I tell him to come in and he opens the door and
stops. He tells me I look beautiful and that BG will not know what hit him cause he will be a bawling mess. I laugh and tell him yeah right and that he cleans up good. He tells me he has something for me and hands me a letter and tells me it's almost showtime and he would see me in a bit.

Bells,
   I sit here thinking about you and how you came into my life. I wasn't looking for a relationship but you walked in and as we got to know each other and became friends I could only imagine us being together. I heard you laugh and it was like music and it punched me in my gut, if I'm honest that is what I fell in love with was your laugh.
  You are my life, now and in the future all I see is you and me together, having a family, and growing old sitting in the porch swing watching our family. You are beautiful now but you will be beautiful then because your beauty comes from the radiant joy and way you embrace life. I am honored that you chose me to want to share it with.
  I love you and I promise you I will until the day I die. I'm ready to call you wife. Until 6:05 when you walk down that aisle to me,
Love,
B

My daddy comes in and hands me his handkerchief and I wipe the tears and he tells me that I am beautiful. He hugs me and tells me that I will always be his little girl that he loved me first. I wipe my eyes and I look into his and tell him that I'm the lucky one to have had him as a daddy. That I was able to choose a good man cause I had the best example of how a man is supposed to be with him. He hugs me and tells me that it was time. We walk to the foyer and I watch as Chase and Katie walk in followed by Junior and Amy, then Kelley followed by Brantley's godchildren.
Daddy tells me it's time and we step to the doorway and I see that the church is filled but then my eyes focus on Brantley and that is all I see. I hear the music start to play and Daddy and I start down the aisle my eyes never leaving Brantley. Brantley is standing there crying with tears running down his face and love in his eyes. My daddy was asked who gives this bride away and he said her mother and I. He places my hand in Brantley's and kissed my cheek and then moves to take over the service.
He goes through the ceremony and holds it together until we say our vows. Daddy cries as Brantley promised to love me and protect me. Then we exchange rings and after that Brantley and I place roses at the picture of Brady because we both felt like he needed to be honored on our day because he brought us back together. Daddy tells Brantley he can kiss his bride and we kiss and Daddy clears his throat and says,"that's enough son"
Everyone laughs and daddy says," It is my great honor and privilege to present to you Mr and Mrs Brantley Gilbert"
We look at each other and kiss again before we make our way down the aisle.

*****************

Hope you have enjoyed this story if so let me know.