Chapter 27

It was horrible. Everything about this scene was horrible. Karkat was standing in disbelief, his knees beginning to buckle. His hands were splattered with golden and indigo blood. His breath was already beginning to get stuck in his throat but he forced himself to breathe, even if it was short rapid breaths. He looked down and saw them.

One tall, muscular body with its arms and legs tied up was lazily thrown towards the back of the large cold room. There was a large pool of blood in front of it, some more blood dripping into the puddle from the neck. The head of this body was carefully set on the body so it wouldn't roll off. Thankfully whoever had set the head had made sure to face it away.

Karkat looked down. Another body was there, this one thinner and weaker looking but Karkat knew better. This body was far from weak. The head of this body was cut off as well, the pool of blood was smaller here and it seemed like some blood had managed to squirt out and land on Karkat's lower leg. The head for this body was placed on top of the body's back, facing directly toward Karkat. 

He let out a quiet, strangled sob and dropped to his knees. The weapon that had caused the death of this poor, beautiful troll was tucked somewhat underneath the corpse, splattered in both indigo and golden blood. Karkat let out another sob, his lower lip quivering violently.

"Sollux, Sollux..." He reached over and witch shaky hands he took a hold of the decapitated head, bringing it to his chest and hugging it tightly.

"How do you feel knowing you're the killer in this disgusting, twisted scene?" Karkat let out another loud sob in response to the disembodied voice. "Drop the head of your murdered matesprit and laugh at the golden blood that will forever stain your pathetic grey skin, Peacekeeper."

No no no. He held onto the head even tighter and shut his eyes, letting out more sobs.

"Go back, make it right..."

Karkat opened his eyes and the scene had changed. He was backed up into a corner. He was gripping a desk so tight his knuckles turned white. Everything was blurry for a  moment then his vision came into focus.

Sollux was there again, bleeding out the back of his skull and thrown against a  wall. He could feel himself want to cry again but he forced himself to keep it in. It wasn't too bad, Sollux was still breathing. He was fine. Karkat turned his head to see two more bodies with disturbingly similar wounds, a giant gaping hole in their torso. Feferi's eyes were open and a frightening expression on her face. Kanaya was on the floor, her expression looked more peaceful than anything. He slowly moved towards the corpse of the Jade blood and knelt down besides her, picked her body up and pressed a kiss to her lips in hope of reviving her.

Nothing.

Karkat took a deep breath and went back to Sollux, dragging his body out of the room.

After hassling with Terezi and Sollux, who was now awake, Karkat continued his little walk, looking for more of his friends and hoping that no one else had met a terrible fate. He walked into the next room and was greeted with a bloody surprise.

It was just...a pile. A pile of his friends, of his dead friends. He was getting dizzy, the different blood colors blending in with one another.

This wasn't right, this wasn't how it happened.

"Who gives a shit if this was or wasn't how it happened, it happened and you are responsible." Karkat's took a step closer to the large pile, the tears in his eyes blurring his vision. "You did all this. You did it and now you're going to run away from it? Fucking pathetic. You're a disgusting troll, a horrible friend, and just a flat out shitty leader."