Final Chapter - The Closer

* * * * * *

Everything was beginning to fall apart.

The two pieces of the Moon were weeping in pain and sorrows. The battle between the two loved ones were not something anyone could have predicted. Why did it have to come to this? Is this the only way to end such a tragedy?

Hakyeon allowed for Taekwoon's blade to pierce through his body. He was too drained, both physically and mentally. So tired of everything that he wish to end it all. He held the blades with his own two hands, to let it sink deeper inside of him. But, he still had so much left to say. To convey his final messages to Taekwoon.

'Taekwoon-ah...' he tried to call the latter's name and make the other come back to his senses.

With the boy's unique and sad tone, Taekwoon saw the light again. He found the path back to reality and came back to his senses. Yet, he almost didn't want to return. He saw his own blade piercing straight through Hakyeon's small and weakened body. Taekwoon's hands began to tremble in fear.

'Hakyeon... no... what have I done...' Taekwoon's tears began to fall as he found a way back to consciousness.

As Hakyeon's body fell to the ground, Taekwoon rushed by his side and helm him tightly in his arms.

'Hakyeon-ah. No... We need to get out of here now! We have to get you treated right away!' Taekwoon cried in distress. Not knowing what else to do.

Hakyeon took Taekwoon's trembling and cold hands in his own. He wanted to explain everything to Taekwoon finally. This was the only time he found the courage to say anything as he was dying away. Blood streaming along the floor.

The once white marbled flooring was dyed red with Hakyeon's blood.

'It's okay Taekwoon-ah. This is what I deserve. I'm sorry for hurting you so much even though you've given me your all since the beginning. I was too blinded by my own selfishness and doubts that I couldn't see anything in front of me. I'm sorry for everything.'

Why has it taken me this long to find the words to say? They're so simple yet so hard to convey. Can you hear my voice Taekwoon-ah?

Taekwoon could hear it all. Hakyeon's voice and the latter's heart. It was as if the both was finally becoming one. One body and one mind.

'I'm sorry Taekwoon-ah. I'm sorry for turning you this way. If only I wasn't so stupid back then, this would never have had to happen. Ever since the beginning, there's been so much I should apologize for. So much you didn't know about...'

Since the beginning, the thoughts I had about you... how much I hated 'you'... all of it, I should apologize for. I should have never existed, days were always so hard to endure and it went by too slowly for me to continue. Whose sake was it that I continued on living though? Did I really think I'd find a way to survive before I drown back into my own dark world?

'Each day I had wished I was someone else. Something more... beautiful. Someone who wasn't me. Then, you appeared before me Taekwoon-ah. You were everything I wished I was but couldn't become.' Hakyeon said as he caressed gently on Taekwoon's sad expression.

I never once thought you were actually real in the beginning and for nine whole years, I've only been a liar in front of you. Telling you how much I cherish our time together, how great it was to meet you and more. But in reality, I wish to hate you. I thought you were the uglier half of who I was. Who I didn't want to be and who I hated the most. But in the end... I couldn't bring myself to hate you after all.

'Until you decided to appear before me... I've always wanted to hate you. Because I thought you were me...'

'What are you saying... Hakyeon-ah, don't speak anymore. We need to get you out now.' Taekwoon pleaded.