"Are you coming in?" Will asked as they made it to the waiting room.

"Nah, I'll just wait out here again, but you know where to find me if you need me." Nico nodded his head towards Aurora's door. "Go." He added softly at Will's hesitation.

His phone was almost dead thanks to Will and Hazel, so he just sat there. He should have brought in a textbook, or anything to keep his mind occupied. Instead he had to settle for a cheesy celebrity magazine on the table in front of him.

Nico saw Victor leave the room so he held the magazine up higher as he walked past blending in with the other families waiting, narrowly dodging a bullet. It wasn't long before he went back to the room, holding drinks. Forty-five minutes past according to the clock on the wall, and Will came out.

"How is she?" Nico stood and walked over to Will.

"At this point, it's just a waiting game. Would it be all right if we headed back in the morning? Mom and Victor have things under control, and I really shouldn't be missing much more school." Nico nodded. Looked like he was spending another night at the motel after all. He made a mental note to text Hazel.

"Yeah, of course." Will walked out of the hospital and Nico followed, getting into the passenger side of the truck. They pulled up in front of Will's house and Nico figured that as long as Victor was at the hospital, it would be okay. He plugged his phone in while Will turned on the telly, wanting to do something other than think.

The movie finished, but they continued to sit there in silence. It was Will who spoke first. "So why did you really leave last night?"

Nico really didn't want to tell Will the truth. He needed to only be concerned for Aurora, and Nico didn't want to add himself on top of that. He also didn't want to strain Will and Victor's relationship even more, because Will was stuck with Victor for the foreseeable future and who knows how long he and Will would live together. They hadn't even talked about next year.

"I told you, I just needed to get out of the house last night. I ended up going for a walk and it was late so I ended up just staying at the motel for the night." Nico felt terrible about lying to Will, but there wasn't much else he could do.

Will didn't buy it. As much as Nico tried to deny it, Will knew him better than anyone, except maybe Hazel. "You just decided to go for a walk with all your things?" His eyebrow was raised.

"Yes." No. "Just drop it, alright?" Nico said perhaps a little too loudly, but he effectively stopped the conversation.

"Okay. There isn't much to do in this town, but Victor is staying overnight so Mom can come home and get some rest. I don't think she'll feel like cooking, so we should go pick something up." Will stood.

"No it's okay. I can just make something. I'm sure she'd rather home cooked after all this hospital food anyways." Nico offered. Will nodded and they headed into the kitchen. Will went straight to the cookie jar, grabbing several and tossing one to Nico who barely caught it.

Opening the fridge, he found what he needed and got started on the meal, boiling the water for farfalle and making the cheese sauce. While that cooked, he got Will to stir the items, hoping that that wasn't beyond his cooking capabilities, and finished making a salad just as Naomi came through the door.

"Something smells delicious. What'd you order Will?" She called out.

"Nothing, I made it." Will said. Naomi came into the kitchen. "Well, I helped, anyways." He said when he saw that his mom clearly didn't believe him.