We marched down the stairs, and I noticed that there weren't many people down here, and the music wasn't too loud either. Ethan's massive basement had a pool table across the room, a minibar to my left, a couple of sofas and chairs in the center, and a large desk where a small crowd was playing beer pong on my right. I easily spot Ethan and Mason on the other side of the minibar talking to a group of kids our age, and both boys had a girl wrapped in their arms.

I scoff and shake my head, and I could sense Gabby was doing the same beside me as we walked over to the boys. Ethan spots us and breaks into a grin before whispering something in Mason's ear, causing him to turn his head to look at us, and he smiles. The boys excuse themselves from the group and walk over to us. Ethan reaches me first and engulfs me in a tight bear hug as he screams in my ear, "I'm so glad you're here!"

I laugh and pull away from him, smiling, only to see Mason and Gabby pull away from their hug. Mason was teasing Gabby for her outfit, to which Gabby smacks him upside on his head with a scowl plastered on her face, followed by a shove from Mason.

Mason's eyes meet mine as he takes a step closer to hug me. "You look gorgeous." He whispers in my ear before we pull away, and he smiles warmly.

"You look great." I smile back, then look at Ethan. "And so do you." Mason was wearing a long sleeve, fitted black shirt with khaki pants, and Ethan was wearing a plain white shirt paired with dark jeans and a light blue denim jacket. Mason's shirt sleeves were rolled up to his sleeves, and the top two buttons were left undone.

Mason and Ethan smirk and say, "We know." Gabby and I shake our heads and laugh at them. Ethan turns around and pours us some shots. We say "cheers!" before downing each shot one by one, and I scrunch up my nose a little. A blonde boy comes up to Ethan and tells him there's a guy who will strip himself on top of the dining table. Ethan dramatically gasps, saying things need to be PG-13 in public. I laugh along with Mason and Gabby as Ethan rushes upstairs with the blonde.

Gabby nudges me to look at something, and I follow her gaze to see two cute guys walking towards us with a friendly smile. Gabby looks back at me and wiggles her eyebrows suggestively at me, and I give her a playfully shove. I didn't feel like talking to those guys, at least, not yet.

Mason spots the guys and smirks at Gabby, "Looks like the idiot attracted more idiots." Gabby rolls her eyes at Mason and tells him the guys are coming for me, not her. Mason's expression hardens, a scowl plastered on his face as he glares at the two guys who stop in front of me. They greet Gabby and me with boyish grins but ignore Mason. The guy with platinum blonde hair asks, "What's your name, doll?" I nervously blush and recite my name, and the guy with black hair smiles wide. "That's not a pretty enough name for a pretty girl. How about I call you dollface?"

This is the lamest attempt at flirting. They should learn a thing or two from Mason.

For some reason, I was getting a strange, uneasy feeling from the two boys, but I shrugged it off. I was definitely overthinking it.

Gabby leans in closer to me and whispers, "I told you you'd get all the guys. Talk to them. We'll let you be." I whip my head over to a smirking Gabby and look at her with wide eyes, pleading her not to leave me with complete strangers. She chuckles and assures me that she'll be in the room if I need her. I mutter some insults at her that she completely ignores and tries to drag Mason away from us, but he does not move, his stern gaze fixated on the two boys.

"I haven't seen you guys around before. Who are you?" Mason asks with a straight voice.

The two boys exchange a look before the black-haired guy crosses his arms over his chest and says, "I'm Liam. This is Alexio."

The blonde, who I now know as Alexio, nods, "We're from Westwood High. The word spread fast about your friend's party, so we figured we'd join. Any problem?" Alexio raises an eyebrow at Mason, whose eyes were narrowed into slits, his body rigid.

"I know who Ethan invited, and you two don't belong here," Mason says flatly, ignoring the accusing glare Gabby was sending him. Mason points to the basement door up the staircase and says, "You know where the door is. Get out, or I kick your ass." Liam and Alexio exchange a knowing look before telling Mason they weren't going anywhere.

Mason sneered and was about to grab Liam by the collar of his shirt, but I placed my hand on Mason's shoulder and whispered, "Don't cause a scene. Let it be, okay?"

He shakes his head without looking at me and scowls. "If there is one thing you should know about Westwood boys, it's that they're full of shit. They're fuckwats who don't belong here."Liam takes a threatening step closer to Mason, who looked like he was ready to pounce any second. "We're not here to cause any problems, Geller. Isn't that right, Alexio?" Alexio, the minion, simply nods.

Mason's eyes darkened at the mention of his last name, and he squares his shoulders, the muscles on his body tense. "I know you. You're Liam Evans, the principal's son."

Liam nods and smirks. "And you're the golden boy of Silverside. Now, are you going to back off, or do I need to show you how to get the fuck out of my face?"Mason growls, "Listen up, Evans-"

"We'll be out of your reach. Let's go, Mason," Gabby interrupts and grabs Mason's arm, tugging him away from the two boys and me while muttering something under her breath. Mason keeps his cold eyes locked with Liam and Alexio before looking at me with a warning in his eyes. Before I could even react, Mason disappears with Gabby inside some spare room.