TBNGBHAB...Chapter Seventeen

That Butt Naked Godly Being Has a Brother!

A year came and went, and I'm not sure how. I'm sure you'd be my rock in everything going on in my life right now, and I wish you were here, always. Miss you more and more bubs. 

Previously in Chapter Sixteen

Raising an eyebrow at my entrance, my dad looked quite concerned as I tossed my things onto the open space on the couch, "What's wrong Corey?" He wondered, his over protective fatherly tone slipping into his voice.

Taking a calming breath, I shook my head, putting it off as if it was really nothing, "My conversation with Mel was interesting…" I faded off, watching as the two of them looked at me oddly, wondering if I was going to elaborate or leave it at that. Letting them wait for a moment longer, I shook my head once more as if it might erase the newly discovered information, and when it remaining, I looked at them both, "Mel's pregnant…" I spoke softly, watching as the words sunk in.

Chapter Seventeen

Silence filled the room for longer than I expected, making me doubt myself for telling the two of them, thinking back to see if Mel had told me to keep it quiet or not. 

As the silence grew more and more, I was quite surprised when my dad's laughter began to fill the space around the three of us, his reaction making it obvious that he thought that this was just some kind of joke I was playing on him, considering he'd known Mel for years and basically looked at her as his daughter too. Staring at him, I bit into my bottom lip, and watched as Della took note of my reaction. Sending an elbow into his side, Della cleared her throat, "Adam I think she's being completely serious," She spoke firmly, watching him carefully as he sobered himself from his laughter, clearing his throat and shaking his head.

"Della you can't seriously believe her, Corey is just giving me a hard time, hating that I brought up the baby talk around Seth," He chuckled softly, sounding so sure of himself, turning away from Della and looking at me, "Right Corey?" He asked, waiting for my confirmation, as if to prove Della wrong. When I didn't respond, my dad's face began to fall, the words truly sinking in this time, his realization thankfully coming before I had to repeat my statement. As much as I love Mel, and am happy that she's happy, I can't help but worry that she's not ready for this kind of change, this is majorly life altering. "Corinne?" My dad tried once more, looking as if he hoped I'd just break out in a smile and reveal the joke. When I shook my head, my dad let out a deep sigh, putting his hands over his face, "Damn it…" He mumbled.

Della rubbed my dad's back as he sat in silence for a few long moments, "Just think, you're gonna have two little nuggets to love on now!" I tried turning this into a positive in my dad's eyes, although you could clearly see it all over his face that he was disappointed.

"It's not the same," He shook his head, "One girl came into our lives pregnant, Mel has been around for so long. I've seen this girl grow up for goodness sakes, I don't understand how she could stupidly let this happen to herself…" He spoke clearly upset.

I bit into my bottom lip, "Dad she didn't do it on purpose, and plus it's not some random guys baby, she's been dating Hunter for some time now, they clearly love each other. She's happy, I'm just surprised, that's why I came in unlike myself. I don't want you to treat her any differently, she's still the same girl," I ordered, crossing my hands over my chest, becoming increasingly defensive over my best friend.