Chapter 19

*Few Days Later*

Knock Knock Knock.

I opened my eyes to find it was 7-o-clock in the morning.

"Just a minute!" I said running into the bathroom brushing my hair in a ponytail and washing my face. I walked to the door and opened it revealing Draco. He was in a full suit with his hair spiked just the way I liked it. Woah i did not just say that. Let's just rewind.

"Morning Draco," I smiled knowing what was coming next.

He painted a small smile as he asked, "Amanda Potter. Honestly I didnt expect this to happen considering with everything in our lives but in a weird way I'm kind've glad this is happening since it was my intention when i first saw you. Anyways will you do me the honor of going to the ball with me?"
He looked down at his hand as he magically made a beautiful, healthy, sparkly, dark red rose appear in his hand. I looked over his shoulder seeing Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle eavesdropping.

I raised my eyebrow at Draco and replied, "I would love to go to the ball with you Draco. You're glad?"

"Very glad actually."

"Hm.. thank you," i replied biting my lip.

He sighed in relief and smiled. This was what I've been waiting for. My first ball and I wanted it to be just like in my dreams. Simple and cute. The last time he asked he just randomly asked me without any feeling or effort. That's not how it was gonna go down. He handed me the rose and I took it in my hand. He opened his arms and I smiled at him.

"Oh what the heck.." I laughed wrapping my arms around him. He dug his head in my shoulder as I dug mine in his chest. His heart is beating fast.. Aw... Ugh I hate the fact his heart is beating fast. Ugh i hate the part we're even hugging! What has this world come to?

"AAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!" I heard the guys and girls sighing.

Me and Draco rolled our eyes and parted as i said, "Control your puppies."

"Control your kittens," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes and slammed the door on his face. I glared at Janet and Pansy who were raising their eyebrows at me. I sniffed the rose and smiled. Ooohhh Rasberry. Why a rose though?

*Next Day*

"Severus?" I called walking into his office.

"In here Mandie!" I heard him say from his closet.

I sat in my normal spot and ate a muffin with rasberries in it that Fred gave me. Like the rose Draco gave me. Rasberry. That was so sweet of him to give me a rose. But why a rose? He could've done this huge magical thing but he didnt. He gave me a rose.

Severus came out his office and sat in front of me. "Now since you're blushing im going to assume it has to do with Malfoy?" he asked folding his arms.
I widened my eyes at him and laughed.

"Yes its about him and I. Don't. Like. Him," I groaned.

"Then why are you blushing?" he asked.

"I- Draco- But I uh- ugh I don't know what I feel. But he was so nice and thoughtful and he did it perfect," I sighed burrying my face in my hands.

"What did he do?" he smiled. I turned around and showed him my sparkling rose. He widened his eyes and thought intensely.

"Draco gave you this?" Severus asked looking at the rose.

"Yeah why?" I asked staring at the rose.

"This was very thoughtful of him.. I can't say why but I'm sure he will open up to you," Severus smirked glaring at me.

"Ah I can't take the constant glares just screw nails in my eyes!" I groaned slouching in my chair.

"Oh Mandie just face the fact that you guys like each other. Just no snogging," he joked.

"Severus!" i groaned getting up and walking out leaving him die of laughter.

I walked out quickly bumping into Cedric causing the rose to fall.

He picked it up raising an eyebrow, "Malfoy?"

"Yes," i giggled turning red.

"Wow. This is still weird for me to process about Malfoy," he giggled.

"You're not the only one."