Shelby Wyatt x Caleb Haas ➳ Quantico

Pairing: Shelby Wyatt x Caleb Haas
Setting: During season 2 episode 4 called Kubark.
Author: clara1414
Notes: Hi this my one-shot Shelby x Caleb taking place in season 2. I hope you like it!

Shelby was in her office in New York, staring at her paperwork. Trying to find anything about the terrorists was beginning to make her go mad. She was looking for anything; a connection between the terrorists or to the mission she was working on a few months back with Nimah, Alex and Ryan. It was slowly killing Shelby inside, being so close to the crisis zone but not being able to help. Her desk was covered in papers on everything the FBI knew about the terrorists, which wasn't that much. The blonde girl was also feeling alone. A lot of her friends were stuck with the terrorists and Caleb... She didn't want to think about him, she felt horrible for what she did to him but Shelby couldn't help missing that boy. The fact that she hasn't seen him since Grand Central didn't help.

"Wow there's way too many terrorists in my life." she murmured to herself. She didn't know what was more pathetic and crazy; the fact that she was talking to herself or the realization she just made. First, the terrorists that killed her parents on 9/11, then Liam, and now the G20 summit.

Suddenly, the door of Shelby's office bursted open. It was Miranda and she looked frantic, which was pretty unusual of her. If someone was good at keeping her calm it was Miranda, Shelby thought.

"Shelby, you need to come here right now." Miranda ordered. Leaving all of her stuff behind, Shelby rushed out of her office. She didn't know what was going on but she knew it must be important.

The blonde woman closed the door behind her and started to walk in the direction of the meeting room. She opened the door of the meeting room where 20 others agents were waiting for her. The room was a normal meeting room, with white walls and a TV on the center wall.

"I'm here. What's happening?" Shelby asked to Miranda when she arrived in the meeting room, taking a seat.
"The terrorists are broadcasting a message." Miranda responded, pointing at the TV.

A FBI agent made a few clicks and replayed the broadcast. The familiar face of her friend, Nimah, appeared on the electronic: she explained that the terrorists wanted to exchange the hacker Eric Boyer against some prisoners.

At first Shelby didn't know what to think of this exchange, but before she could say anything, Miranda answered with an affirmative response, saying that they didn't have a choice.

"By doing the exchange, we give them exactly what they want!" Shelby argued. She couldn't believe what Miranda was saying, but she was the boss.

"Find him. I want to know why the terrorists want him." Shelby soon ordered to the FBI agents. If she didn't have a choice in making the exchange, she at least wanted to know why and be prepared.

The agents around her nodded and started working.

•••

A couple of hours later, Shelby was still at her office. She was again lost and feeling useless, but she wasn't giving up. They had found Boyer not to long after the broadcast. She was looking hard for some connections with the terrorists.

"Shelby, we're moving, we're going to the Crisis Zone. We're doing the exchange. Back up will join us there." Miranda announced.

Shelby quickly grabbed her stuff and headed out of her office, making sure to lock the door. Following Miranda out of the HQ' she noticed how weird she had been acting lately. They got out of the building, directly on the street of New York. Entering a black SUV, the two women headed towards the crisis zone.