S E V E N

S E V E N : Making The Team and Froyo Fights

R I L E Y   M A T H E W S

It is finally Friday and I can finally find out if Maya made the team or not. Tho, there is still an hour to go till I'm done with my shift at Topanga's, and then I can go meet Maya at the new Froyo shop across the street. Plus, it will be nice to see Maya as Maya and not as Ashton Beck my supposedly boyfriend.

I grab a fresh towel from under the counter and walk over to a small table by the windows- where a group of boys made a mess- I reach for a tray and start putting dirty cups and plates on it before spraying down the table. I start to scrub and scrub, making the towel full of filth.

I let out a loud groan of frustration as I notice another group of people just left, leaving another mess for me to clean up. Like, why me? What did I do to deserve this? I don't even make my own bed, and now I have to clean up an entire cafe.

I yank the tray off the stool and head over to my next clean up. What I find leaves me gasping. Someone left a half eaten double chocolate cheesecake slice. How dare they? I reach down and swipe my fingertip through the cream and lick it before throwing it into the trash.

Goodbye.

Right as I start spraying the counter top, the bell above the door dings, signaling another customer has come in. "Hello", I say with a fake smile, turning on my heel, "how can I help- oh! Hi Farkle."

"Hey, Riles", he greets, taking a seat near me. "Looks like your working hard, cleaning and everything. Sounds fun."

"A blast". I grab the towel and start scrubbing. "I can't wait to get out of here", I mutter, throwing the dirty towel to the ground, and falling back into the seat next to Farkle. I look up at him and he looks down at me. I probably have tired written all over my face, along with a discomfort look since my butt hurts from working all day. So, I hope Farkle hurries up and tells me why he's here before I go insane. "It's been a long day, Farks, so please tell me why you're here", I beg.

"Well, I wanted to ask you a few questions."

"Then hurry up. I have to go meet Maya."

"Well, I have to meet the guys", Farkle says, "we- I mean they are going to celebrate making the team as I join them."

"Aww... I'm so sorry, Farkle". I really thought he was going to make the team. He was are number one runner back at school, no joke. He may look weak, but he is for sure a jock with those long chicken legs.

"It's okay", he shrugs with a slight smirk starting to appear. "But you know, Maya made it."

"Really", I exclaim, jumping up out of my seat. "Maya made it", I cheer, doing a little happy dance. I can't believe she made it. I'm so happy for her. She has been working her butt off to prove a point, and it's finally going to succeed. "Go Maya, go Maya", I sing, "go Ma- wait!" I stop dancing and sit back down with my eyes gone wide from realization. "You know? How?"

Farkle lets out a little laugh. "I am a genius, aren't I? Plus, I think I would know one of my number one girls from anywhere." Farkle is for sure correct. Him, Maya, and I all have been best friends since we were seven. "I just have one question, tho", Farkle continues," why is Maya a guy? Is there something I should no about? Is Maya going lesbian?"

"To prove a point and no", I state. "All you guys have been is nothing but sexist pigs lately. Saying girls can't do this or that. Or, last week in chemistry, I wanted to punch you so bad, since your the guy you took all the credit and made me do the easy stuff."

"I'm wasn't being sexist. I just love science."

"Well... I love it too!"

"Okay", Farkle chuckles, "next time I will include you more, I promise." I smile at his promise before we both stand up. I start to pick up the cafe a bit more as Farkle heads for the door.