O N E

O N E :  I'm A Girl Who Doesn't Mind shoving Your Jog Strap Further Up Your Ass!

T H I R D   P E R S O N

The crowd was going wild. A minute left on the clock and the players had sweat dripping down their bodies as you could hear the screams and cheers from a mile away. The pointed, oval-shaped ball spiraled through the air being caught by player number eight. Also known as the running back. He started running a couple miles an hour across the field. Once the player scored the screams got louder.

"Go patriots!"

"That's right, kick their sorry butts!"

"Keep it up!"

Soon the cheers died out as the clock restarted at twelve minutes for the fourth (final) quarter. In the meantime, a small blonde sat back down on the cold bleachers, keeping her eyes on the cheery brunette being clumsy in front of the stands.

"Go Riley", Maya hollered with a loud clap as her best friend tried a cart wheel. Key word: tried. She let out a laugh as her best friend gave two thumbs up- once she was stabled- before putting all her attention back on the game.

Maya wasn't the biggest fan of football, but over the season she grew a liking to it. At the beginning, she only came because she was forced to by her friends- Riley and Smackle. Then Smackle started to not come because she had more important things to do, like studies, and then Riley didn't want to be alone, so Maya stuck to it. She grew a liking to the game and understanding. So if her other friends- Lucas, Farkle, Zay- scored a touchdown or whatever, Maya would know why everyone's doing a wave or what not.

After the first few games Riley tried out for cheer-leading. When she didn't make it she begged. She brought please-let-me-join cookies with extra sugar. Once they finally said yes, Riley was only allowed to stand in the back and cheer. No tumbling. But then she started practicing and started embarrassing herself in front of the entire crowd. She was proud.

Now, it's early December- the finally game. The jersey over Maya's sweatshirt wasn't warm enough for this time of year. Her hair was in a pony tail with loose strands behind her ears and two black lines across her pink- almost purple- cheeks. She also had black skinny jeans and boots on which was more clothing than what Riley was wearing. Riley only had that tiny cheer-leading uniform on, but with all the moving she was doing she was warm.

"We have eight minutes left on the clock", the guy up above the stands spoke into the speaker, "Trojans have the score of 33 and patriots have 27. Keep on fighting patriots!"

Maya rubbed her hands together for warmth, even if they had gloves covering them. She let out a sigh as she watched the clock count down and then the score board. If they loose this game it would be their second total. Tho, Maya wasn't sure if they will make it to the championships.

"Whose number one", Maya heard a cheerleader shout, which made her gaze over to them. They were all in a line- except for a red head who was stepped forward shouting the first line- clapping with their pom poms.