Chapter One

I heard my phone chime, telling me that I had gotten a text. I grabbed my phone and opened it, looking at my messages. It was from my best friend Mark, or Markiplier.

M: I just found out about your breakup. How are you holding up?
Y: Not that well. Thanks for asking though.
M: Well, I just wanna let you know that I sent my friend Nate out to your house. He lives about three hours away, so you can't send him back home. He should be almost there now.
Y: What the hell? You can't do that without my permission. I don't want him here. I don't even know him.
M: Too bad! Buh-bye!

I groaned and closed my phone. Of course Mark did this. He always does things like this, and you've known him since first grade. I got up and went to go put on decent clothes before hearing my doorbell ring. I guess my pajama pants and a hoodie is fine. I opened the door to see a guy with black hair and brown eyes. I gave him a fake smile and let him in. "The spare bedroom is upstairs, the first door on the left, so you can put your things away and then do what you want. I'll be up in my room with a tub of ice cream if you need me." I said, still smiling.

"Thanks. Is it ok if after I put my things up, I order some pizza or something? It was a four hour drive here." I nodded and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a spoon, some ice cream, and my phone and walking upstairs and into my room. Twenty minutes later, I heard a knock on my door and sighed. "What do you want?" I called out, getting up to open the door. "I just wanted to say that the pizza's here. I got cheese." I shrugged. "That's cool, I guess." I walked down the stairs behind him and grabbed us both plates, handing him one. I grabbed my slice and sat down on the couch, turning my TV onto Netflix.

"Do you wanna watch American Horror Story?" I asked Nate. He nodded with a piece of pizza in his mouth, and I turned it on. I finished my pizza and got up to place my plate in the sink, grabbing Nate's in the process. I flopped down on the couch, trying not to look over to Nate who, I admit, is kind of cute. He was sitting there with his knees tucked into his chest and his arms around them. I crossed my legs and leaned onto the arm of the couch, twisting my (H/C) hair between my fingers. I tried to pay attention to the screen, but failing as my eyes kept wandering over to Nate. I blushed when I saw him look over to me and give me a quick smile. Ten minutes later, the episode we were watching ended, and I got up to stretch.

"Hey (Y/N)? Why did Mark want me to come over? He said that something had happened, but didn't tell me what." I heard Nate ask me. I sat back down and looked down at the ground. "You don't have to te-" I stopped him. "I'll tell you. It's fine. My bf/gf had been abusing me for the past four years, and just a couple days ago, I caught him/her cheating on me, and what's even worse is that he/she keeps saying that it wasn't what it looks like, even though I finally broke up with him/her, reluctantly. I still love him/her, though." I found myself crying at the thought of it, and Nate came over and tried to comfort me. I sat there for a few minutes before getting up. "I-I'm gonna go to bed. You can stay down here if you want." He nodded and I headed upstairs, wiping tears from my eyes. I got in my room and curled up under my blankets, crying into my pillow, trying not to make any noise.

I heard Nate walking into the spare room about ten minutes later. A guitar started playing, and I heard him singing along to it. This is where Promise Me comes in. I also put it up there because I kept listening to it while writing this. I'm not gonna include lyrics because A. They're in the video, B. I don't feel like it, and C, I'm not gonna do it just to take up space unless I make up a song. I find it annoying when authors do that. If you don't, I'm sorry for sharing my opinion. I wiped my tears away, listening to him playing. A few minutes later, I got up and knocked on his door, waiting for him to open it. "Sorry for listening if you didn't want me to, but I just wanted to say that sounded really nice." I gave him a small smile and waited for his reply.

"Thanks. It's fine that you listened, and I'm glad that you didn't hate it or get mad at me for playing so late." He said, smiling. He closed the door and I walked back into my room, turning off my light and laying down. I plugged in my phone and laptop because if I forget to plug those in it makes my life a living hell. I fell asleep, replaying the song he had sung in my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this is really bad, but I'll probably get better at it eventually. I've been reading so many x readers and I have practice works because I can't stand it when someone has bad grammar or something in a story, and I don't wanna make anyone reading my work have to deal with that. Buh-Bye! For now!