Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Hey, maybe you'll make it down the stairs by New Years" Mia jokes as we make our way down the stairs in the early morning. We were just about to head to Bluestone but I needed to go and grab a warmer jacket since it started lightly snowing. Oh the joys of living in bipolar weather.

"Oh hush" I said rolling my eyes as I reach the bottom, I was going almost as fast as my normal pace. Maybe...

"Finally" Scarlett says tapping her foot impatiently.

"Okay are you girls ready?" My mum asks rushing to us with her coffee in hand.

"Yeah let's go" I said said before hopping to the garage using my crutches... obviously.

Slowly mum backs down the drive way and we head off the Bluestone, I was so excited to be riding again. Little did my mum know that I wasn't coming here to lunge a horse, but to ride one.

"We're here" mum announces.

"Now remember, you girls be careful when you ride and Taylor, be extra cautious when your lunging Storm today, you don't want to injure your leg further now do you?" Mum says narrowing her eyes at me.

"Yeah yeah rightio, I'll text you later mum" I said hopping out of the car along with Scarlett and Mia. Mum zooms off as we make our way to the stables.

"I can't believe that worked" Mia laughed.

"Nothing has worked yet, and you need to be careful Taylor, if your leg doesn't feel comfortable then tell us. We need you to be able to start competing as soon as possible" Scarlett says giving me a look.

"Okay mum" I said putting my hands up in surrender before starting to laugh with Mia. Scarlett scrunches up her nose and give us an annoyed look.

As I reach Storms stall he sticks his head over his door and looks down the isle at us.

"Awww, he's so adorable with his winter coat"Mia says.

"Yeah" I smile fondly.

"Well when is Star and Major getting here?" I question the girls.

"Well since Star is only a few hours away they said she'll be here around 3pm today, and Major will be here tomorrow morning at 9am" Mia says answering for Scarlett while petting Storm.

"Hailey said she can ride Cluedo today, would you know which one he is?" Scarlett asks. Cluedo was probably one of the best horses here, a striking grey Andalusian cross Warmblood gelding owned by Hailey. Not many people get to ride him, I'm one of the few lucky ones who have and to say he's a great eventer is an understatement.

"You still on this planet Taylor" Scarlett says clicking her fingers in my face. I give her a look as I swat at her.

"Yes, and he's this way" I said as I lead Mia down to the back part of the stables where the coaches keep their horses away from the students.

"This is Cluedo, he's Hailey's eventing horse, you'll love riding him. I did. Not to mention he has a great personality" I smile as he pokes his face over the door and nuzzles Mia.

"Aren't you just a sweet heart" she coos petting him. I could tell they would get along perfectly, Mia is a great rider. Way better then me, I was lucky to beat her at the EA qualifiers.

"Well I'll leave it to you, and when your ready just meet us outside of Storm's stall" I said.

"Okay, see you in a few" she says still petting Cluedo.