A Terrible Accident

William's POV:

I was sitting at home, watching the Sunday football game, when the home phone started ringing. I got up from the couch and walked over to answer the phone. I hit the answer button and said, "Hello."

"Hello, is this William Atwood?" the lady asked.

"Yes, who is this?" 

"Hi, my name is Deby, I am a nurse at Medical City Dallas Hospital, calling to inform you that Jannet Davis was brought into our hospital today, due to a severe head-on car collision." the nurse informed. "Sir, Jannet was in a terrible car accident."

It was like things slowed down to a pause. I couldn't believe what I just heard. I felt like my heart stopped beating and had collapsed in my chest. I put the phone down and processed everything that I had just heard. My family's lives were in jeopardy right now. I kept wondering how Jannet and the babies were. I put the phone back up to my ear and said, "Thank you for letting me know, I'll be right there."

I put the phone back on its jack and went into my office. I picked up my wallet and put it in my pocket. Then, I grabbed my phone and car keys. I ran out into the garage. I hopped in my black four-door Jeep and drove off. 

When I arrived at the hospital, I went up to the front desk and asked what floor Jannet was on

When I arrived at the hospital, I went up to the front desk and asked what floor Jannet was on. They gave me directions, so I went to one of the elevators, which took me up to the fifth floor. I asked one of the nurses which room she was in and found Jannet asleep in a hospital bed. She was laying on her back, asleep. My heart was beating faster and faster. I felt like crumbling to the ground, but I walked over to her side and took her hand. 

She had many bruises on her face. She was covered up in the hospital blankets and had a neck brace on. I pulled up a chair, to the side of the hospital bed, while I held her hand. It wasn't long before her doctor came in. I stood up from my seat and walked over to the doctor.

"I believe that you are Mr. Atwood." 

"I am, sir," I replied, as I shook his hand. "So what happened? What's going on with Jannet?"

"Well, she was brought into this hospital pretty beaten up. The ambulance told me that she had gotten into a head-on collision, so we rushed to get her an MRI. I wanted to see what we were dealing with and I wanted to make sure her neck wasn't too bad because sometimes in a car accident, your neck can fling forward and back. The MRI showed nothing to worry about us too much about. We did find out that her right arm is sprained pretty well, so we have it braced. We have a neck brace on her just to keep her neck in place while she is resting. She is still under some anesthetic, but that should wear off so she should wake up soon. We are going to keep her for the night because she did lose a lot of blood." the doctor explained. 

"Okay, that's good," I said. "What about the babies?"

"Ah yes, I had a pediatrician and obstetrician come in to check on her and the babies. They didn't find any harm threatening the babies, or Jannet. So they should be just fine."

"Thank you." 

"No problem at all." replied the doctor. 

I walked back over to her and took my seat. I held her left hand, while I reached for my cell phone. I dialed the number and waited for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mr. Davis, I was just calling to let you know that Jannet is in hospital."