They're in Town

I came home late from work. I was absolutely tired and ready for bed. I went upstairs to my bedroom and changed into my pajamas. Before I left, to go join William, I went on my phone and saw that someone had left me a voicemail. I pulled the tab down and saw that it was from Jessica. I called my voicemail, typed in my password, and then listened to the voice mail she left me.

Hey Jannet, its Jessica calling. I called because something has come up that will be coming to your direction soon. I know that you didn't want your parents to know about, well your condition; however, I got a call from them and I couldn't lie to them. I didn't tell them about you being pregnant, but they do know that you are in Dallas, Texas. So, they will be coming to visit you soon. I am so sorry that I couldn't hold my tongue, but I can't lie to people. You know that. Oh, and by the way, I gave them the address to William's. Again I'm sorry but maybe this is for the better. After all, they are your parents and they deserve to see you. Bye Jannet, I miss you tons.

I hung up the phone and went to William's room. He was sitting on the sofa, typing on his computer when I came in. Everything was about to get worse than it was. How was William gonna take this? When my parents find out, my father is going to kill him. Its a figure of speech.

"William, I need to tell you something real quick," I said. "Can you please put the computer away for a second?"

"Of course," William replied.

He turned off his computer and put it down on the table, in front of him. He looked at me and waited for me to tell him what was going on. I didn't know how to start this off, but I had to tell him what Jessica just told me.

"Jessica called me and left a voicemail. I listened to the voicemail and I learned that my parents are coming soon, to see me." I explained.

William froze. I guess he didn't know what to do or say at this moment.

"William, they don't know about you and they especially don't know that I'm pregnant," I added.

William buried his face in his hands. My nightmare was about to begin.

"How do you think they will take it?" William asked.

"They are old fashioned, I guess you could say. In order for me to be pregnant, I would have to be married to them. They won't like it at all when they find out about this. Oh, they even have this address."

"How did they get the address?"

"Jessica couldn't lie to them, so she gave them the address."

William sat back on the couch. I was standing in front of him, waiting to see what he felt like, but I couldn't tell what he was feeling. Eventually, he let out his hand for me. I took his hand and he pulled me gently over to him. I sat down on his lap and had my arms around his neck. I put my forehead to his and whispered, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be, Jannet. We'll just have to tell them the truth once they get here." 

I smiled when I heard William say those words. He was so understanding and sweet. I couldn't be more lucky to have him in my life at this moment. I gave him a kiss on the lips before we both went to bed. It was hard for both of us to get some sleep, especially since we knew my parents were going to be arriving in a couple of days. I just wished that things wouldn't go horribly wrong.