Close to you

Adult years 0.5

(Picture of Hoseok)

The next few days Jungkook didn't feel like himself. Everything he did seemed empty and without purpose. Even small things like eating seemed to have no meaning. All he could think about was Taehyung.

Taehyung, the name that would bring happiness to his spirit now brought sadness and regret. At nights he would dream of getting back together with his blonde boy but on some nights it was a completely different story.

Some nights his mind decided to take him to the worst of his imagination. In that world, Taehyung would absolutely despise the older, not sparing him even a glance.

Now, it was Friday and he was at work. The loud music didn't seem to change his mood and not even Jins terrible jokes could at least put a smile on his face.

Yoongi turned to him, drying a glass cup. "Listen, I know I don't seem like I care much of the time, because I don't. But let's pretend I do. Hey Jungkook, what's wrong?"

Jungkook had his head on the counter tracing circles into a water spot. "I miss Taehyung."

"Well did you tell Taehyung you miss him?"

"Not really."

"Then do it."

Jungkook lifted his head just enough to see Yoongi starring at him. "What?"

"You heard me. Go right to this Taehyung chick and tell him. I. Miss. You. It's that easy." He smiled to himself at his great idea.

He thought for a moment then sat his head back on the counter. "I won't force it. Jin said if something is supposed to happen then it will happen."

"So you're going to wait for a sign?"

"Pretty much."

Just then Jackson rounded the corner holding an envelope in his hand. "Jungkook, I need you to give this check to Taehyung, since he wasn't here today."

Jungkook jerked his head off the counter. "What, why me?"

Jackson waved the envelope around as if thinking of something. "Ah, Jin said it would be better if you took it to him since you too are friends. Plus it would be a waste of money to mail it."

Jungkook went to protest bit Yoongi interrupted him. "I think this is your sign."

/////

The night was cold as Jungkook got off his bike. He checked the address again to make sure it was the right apartment. It wasn't big but it wasn't small either.

He walked up the few stairs before stopping on the step. He debates slipping it under the door but then decides to do exactly what Yoongi said. He knocked on the door before he stepped back completely and waited for it to open. He bit his lip as the sound of footsteps drew closer.

The door opened slightly to reveal a boy a little older than Jungkook. "How can I help you?"

Jungkook felt a wave of awkwardness when he realized this must have been Taehyungs boyfriend. "Uh, I'm Taehyungs coworker and I came to give him his check." Jungkook stared at the boy as if judging his every move.

"Anytime you're ready."

"Right," He handed him the check and the boy went to close the door but Jungkook stopped him.

"What now?"

"I would," He stopped then remembered Yoongi's words. "I would like to see Taehyung. I need to talk to him."

The boy shook his head. "You can't he's sick."

Jungkook thought he heard wrong. "What was that?"

"Taehyung, he's," He tilted his head as if realizing something. "Wait are you Jungkook?"

Jungkook nodded hesitantly.

The boy's features and entire attitude toward Jungkook seemed to change instantly. The boy bowed slightly seeming embarrassed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be so cold, Taehyung always talks about you, and honestly I find you quite cute."

"Excuse me?"

"I just, never mind. Thank you again." The boy closed the door without another word leaving Jungkook confused.

-----

Ah, sorry this update was so late, I was  extremely busy but no worries here it is! Also thanks to everyone for the comments and reading because here we are at 1k reads (AHHHH WOOO YAYAYA) I will be celebrating with a special chapter later on so be prepared for that. I really do hope you enjoy this story, BYE