Line up × (Carl Grimes)

The song I'm recommending is If I get High by Nothing but Thieves. This song is amazing. Seriously.

Oh also, my writing "style" could be a little different because I am writing a real book myself so I have been busy with that :)

There's not much backstory. You and Carl have liked each other for a long time but you have both been too scared to say it. You know. The usual concept.

"So... Back to it." Negan says calmly. He then swiftly turns around and swings Lucille forward. I hear Maggie scream loudly. Anger is building up in me and I feel like screaming. I turn to Carl and tears are streaming down his face.

Without thinking I jump up to fight Negan. Before I know it I hear a loud gunshot and a sharp pain in my leg. I fall down on the ground and I can't move. "No (Y/N)!" I hear Carl cry out.

I wake up back in the line up. I slowly open my eyes and my vision returns. It's already light outside. My leg hurts as I sit up. I try to look at the wound but there is a bandage covering it.

"Looks like sleeping beauty is finally awake." Negan says as he steps towards me. "Come with me." He says firmly and walks towards the van. I try to stand up but quickly collapse again. "D...  What are you doing just standing there? Help the kid up." I hear Negan say and two arms grab my waist. We stumble towards the center of the line up and Dwight sets me down.

"So... You tried to jump me?" Negan says as he circles around me. "I mean,  I know I'm irresistable but damn." I feel tears dwelling up but I try not to show any emotion. Instead I just stare at him with hatred. "So we're not talking huh?" Negan squats down to meet me at eye level. "Perhaps we should teach you a lesson. After all, I did say that I wouldn't take things like that anymore. How about your boyfriend?"  He mocks and I look at him. He laughs and stands up. He turns around and points towards Carl.  The pain of my leg is still killing me and I twitch in discomfort. "Kid. Come." He says and Carl stands up, looking at me. Negan rolls up Carls' sleeve. "Are you a leftie?" He asks Carl. "No." Carl says with a boost of confidence. "Good." Negan puts his belt around Carls' arm. He laughs and pushes Carl down on the ground next to me. Negan squats down and takes out a pen out of his pocket. He then draws a like on Carls' arm. Then he takes out the axe and hands it over to me.

"I think you know what to do." Negan says calmly and taps Carls' arm. Carl and I lock eyes and I see him crying. "No. Please." I say as I turn to Negan. "I'm sorry. You know the rules." He says and he laughs. I try to control myself but it's no use. I start crying uncontrollably and my hands start shaking. "Please. There has to be another way." I plead. Negan just laughs and keeps staring at me. I look back at Carl. "Just do it." He whispers.

I lift the axe and start crying even harder. I hear Rick cry but I don't bother to look at him. "Carl, I love you." I say and he squeezes his eyes shut. Suddenly Negan starts clapping and laughing. I quickly look up to him. "This is hilarious. You should've seen your own face. Look kid, as long as you stay by the rules I won't have to punish you." I say nothing and just stare at him. "Jesus Christ kid. Just go.".  I drop the axe and Carl sits up. Then I hug him really tightly for like 2 full minutes. He pulls away quickly and grabs my face. "Are you okay??"  He asks, still crying. Obviously he is talking about my leg. He looks at my leg as he starts crying even harder. "Look at me. Carl look at me. I'm okay. Really." I say and give him a short smile. He looks relieved and I give him another hug.

After the saviours leave it's very silent. Carl and I are still sitting next to each other. Rick is trying to comfort a crying Maggie. Suddenly Carl speaks. "Did you mean it? What you said right before you were going to..." He stops and it's silent for a little while. "Yes. I did. I love you Carl." I whisper the last part. He comes closer to me. "I love you too." He says as we lock hands. 

I'M SORRY IT IS SO SHORT CNXBDKJDBZMSO NEXT ONE IS GOING TO BE A LONG ONE I PROMISE SO JUST KEEP REQUESTING PLEASE :)

Sorry for any typos, I didn't reread.