Life is Strange ☆ (Carl Grimes)

Yes, This story is based on the game Life is Strange. I highly suggest playing this game cause it made me super emotional and its the perfect example of a good game :)

Recommending the song Spanish Sahara by Foals. I HIGHLY suggest listening to this song while reading this chapter. (If you dont hear music at first when you click the video; just wait for it)

Ever since I was little, I have had this gift. I know it is dangerous and that's why I only use it when I have to. I have the ability to time travel. I know what you're thinking, but here me out. When I focus on a picture, I'm actually able to travel back to the time the photo was taken. Until now I only ever used it for small things like redoing a test. But that is about to change.

"Do you have to?" "Come on Carl. I just want to have a photo of you just in case." "In case of what? Nothing is going to happen to us (Y/N)." We're in a random house in Alexandria. The walkers have surrounded us and we can't go anywhere. Ron and Carl just came out of the garage and Ron looked... upset. I wonder what was going on. Rick and the others are trying to come up with a plan to escape this house. "You never know that Carl.. Please?" Carl sighs. "Alright then." I smile as I snap a photo of him with my polaroid. "Are you happy now?" He asks. "Totally." I smile at him.

"(Y/N), Carl, Ron! Come here!" I hear Rick calling for us from within the living room. We walk in and Rick starts talking us through about the plan. We all go upstairs and rub our skin with walkerblood. I throw on a bedsheet and cover that with blood and guts. We all walk downstairs and Rick opens the door. I grab Carls hand and he smiles at me.

Everything has quickly escelated. Sam suddenly stopped walking and Jessie didn't get him to come with her. Then some walkers sunk their teeth into Jessies neck. I'm trying to hold myself back as I don't want to alarm any more walkers. Suddenly Ron pulls out his gun and points it at Rick. "You."

But Michonne was right on time. Her katana sliced through his stomach and his gun goes off one last time.

I'm relieved for a second but then look around me. I see Carl standing next to me and is facing at the ground. "Carl.." I whisper. He turns his face towards me. "(Y/N)..." I whimper in terror. His eye... all that blood... Then he collaps on the ground and Rick is on him in a second. I bent over him and feel his neck. No pulse.. I put my ear to his nose. No breathing. Rick whispers at me in sobs. "Is he..?" I nod. He is dead.

I stand up as a single tear rolls down my cheek. I know what to do now. I pull out the polaroid I took of him earlier. I focus on it as a tear lands on the photo. Then I see a bright white flash.

"Are you happy now?" I open my eyes. I can't believe it actually worked. I stare at him in awe. "What's wrong?" He asks me. I shake my head. As he pulls me into a hug a tear rolls down my cheek. "It's going to be okay." He tries to comfort me. I nod. "I know Carl." I pull away and fake a smile.

-fast forward a little-

Ron pulls out his gun again. "You." I look at Michonne and she slices her katana through his stomach. I quickly pull Carl towards me. We fall on the ground and he lays on top of me. He looks in the direction the bullet went and he pants. "You have quick reflexes." He whispers and smiles. I smile back at him. We stand up and continue walking.

Once we are outside of Alexandria we continue walking for about 20 minutes when we decide to stop for the night. I pull off the bedsheet as Carl does too. Rick and Michonne go and try to make a fire a little further up as I sit next to Carl. "Thanks for saving me back there." He says. "What can I say.. I have a gift." He laughs. "Like fortune telling or something?" "Yeah.. something like that." I smile at him. "Tell me more about that." I look at him seriously. "You won't believe me." I tell him. "Try me."

"Woah. That's.. insane." He whispers. "I know right." Suddenly it starts raining really hard. "Are you serious?" I whisper as I look at the sky. "We should go back to my dad and Michonne." I nod as we start heading back. "Carl, (Y/N) there you are." Rick says and motions us to come. "You two go run up that hill and look how alexandria is doing." Carl sighs. "A little rain won't hurt you right?"

When we are finally on top of the hill it has started to rain even harder. It rains so hard you can't even see further than a few meters. "We can't see Alexandria. I also don't think it is a good idea to head back." Carl says and I nod. "We should try to make some sort of shelter." I open my backpack and pull out one of the bloody sheets. I hang it over a couple of branches and we sit underneath of it. Then it starts to thunder.

"(Y/N).. Do you think this storm has anything to do with what you did?" He asks me in a serious tone. Then I see a huge tornado form in the right corner of my eye. It's heading straight for Alexandria. I nod. "I think so Carl." A tear streams down my cheek. Carl grabs my face and whipes away my tear.

"You have to go back again and.. and let me die." I look at him in disbelieve. I stand up in the rain. "What are you saying?" I now have to shout to be understandible due to the rain and thunder. "The tornado is heading straight for Alexandria. Including my Dad and Michonne who are down there. It's them or me." He also stands up and he takes my hands in his. "You can't ask this from me." I say as my eyes start watering. "(Y/N). Look around you. Don't you see what is happening? You should never change the past." "Yes ofcourse I do! But I just don't want to lose you!" He is silent for a while as he does something unexpected.

He suddenly kisses me. We stand their for a couple a seconds maybe. Then he pulls away. "(Y/N) you are my best friend. I have had feelings for you ever since I have known you. I can't imagine a life without you. But I also can't live with the thought that I caused the death of all of them." He shouts as he motions towards towards Alexandria. "(Y/N) You have no choice." He starts crying and I pull him into a hug. "I love you and I will never forget you." He says. "I love you too."

I pull out the photo again as I walk towards the edge of the hill. I focus on the picture as everything flashes white again.

"Are you happy now?"

When we are standing in front of the door again in our bloody sheets I grab his hand again. "Carl. Whatever happens. I love you." He looks at me in a confused way. Then he just smiles at me.

Ron pulls out his gun as my eyes start to water.

"(Y/N) you are my best friend. I have had feelings for you ever since I have known you."

"You." Ron says. Michonnes katana slices through him again.

"(Y/N) You have no choice."

I close my eyes as I hear the gun go off and I start sobbing. I look towards Carl. His head lifts up and I can see the huge wound. "(Y/N).." Then he collapses.

"I love you and I will never forget you."

-----------------------

Feedback is appreciated.

Part 2 where you choose to sacrifice Alexandria and save Carl?

Sorry for any typos, I didn't reread