Chapter 2 - Beach Party

Ugh the nerve of that guy. Who the hell was he? I for sure don't remember him from when I was around. Him and his stupid British accent, and his stupid cocky attitude. I ranted to myself as I went through my drawers trying to figure out what I was going to wear tonight. I was so indecisive, but after a good fifteen minutes I finally settled on a turquoise bikini that looked nice against my tanned skin and threw on a white summer dress over top. I put a pair of sunglasses on top of my currently wavy hair, and slipped some white flip flops on my feet. Once I was done getting ready, I ran to the garage to grab my old surf board. Oh man I can't wait to use it. I might be a little rusty, but it's one of those things that once you've learned it, you never really forget. As I made my way out of the garage I could hear the hum of music begin to grow before two car honks alerted me that they were here. I swung my head up to see my friends all cramped into Eli's Jeep. I yelled goodbye to my dad, threw my surf board in the trunk, and hopped in the back seat beside Ella.

        When we pulled up to the beach it had already begun to get dark. There were cars and people everywhere, and I could clearly hear the music blasting from the road.

        "You ready to make your entrance?" Tori asked, mocking me.

        "Oh yeah," I gave her a small side smirk.

        With that said we all walked towards the party. I had already been hugging a bunch of people when I heard my named being said through the microphone, as someone had set up a small makeshift stage for the DJ booth.

        "Charlie has arrived!" They yelled. Everyone wooed and raised their drinks as to say hi.

        I waved and then heard a familiar voice call my name. I turned my head to see Ray walk through the crowd. His hair was the same old messy, straight dark brown swoop across his forehead and his olive green eyes locked with mine. Other than growing up a bit, he pretty much looked the same. Upon seeing him so many emotions hit me at once as I hadn't see him since the day I left two years ago.

        "Ray!" I screamed and ran up to him, engulfing him into a hug. We've had such a long and complicated history but I was actually happy to see him for some reason.

        "Charlie!"

        Before I left I guess you could say we had a 'thing' going on... But that ended when I left and for good reason. He now had a knew girl attached to his arm, a short brunette. Ray was your typical jock and the type of guy that I always use to go for. He was sweet to me, but what you could call a major dick to others. Thinking about it now makes me question whether reconnecting with him this summer is such a good idea or not. Not to mention everything we went through together.

        "Oh sorry, didn't realize you had a girlfriend," I said awkwardly. Well now I feel stupid.

        "Oh, no problem. Hey I'm glad you're back," he said with a small smile, but I could tell he didn't fully mean that. We put on our fake smiles and talked to each other like we never went through what we did. I just muttered out a thanks and quickly walked away. I walked around aimlessly trying to find Tori, wanting to ask her about that Harry kid I met earlier. On my way I grabbed a drink and then finally found her.

        "Tori, I need to talk to you," I whispered, pulling her away from her conversation with a couple of guys.

        "What's up?" She asked, furrowing her brows at my sudden need to talk.

        "Give me some info on this Harry Styles kid," I pretty much instructed her.

        "Well, he moved here from England literally right after you left. Umm he is a total player. Pretty much every girl wants him and he just goes from one girl to another. I know that he's a good surfer, but that's about the only good thing I can say about him, so I suggest you stay away... He is a total ass." She rambled, only pausing to think of more things to say.

        "Okay, I don't need his entire life's story," I giggled.

        "Well, you wanted info so I gave you info," she shrugged.

        "Okay thanks, I'll catch up again with you later," I smiled as someone else approached us to talk to Tori.

        "No problem, and yeah I'll see you later," she waved and then was wrapped up in her next conversation.

        Over the next hour or so I went on talking to people and catching up with some of my old friends, and as more time passed I realized just how much alcohol I was pounding back. The music then began to slow down and I wasn't really feeling it, so I walked to the end of the beach and sat far enough down where my feet were occasionally getting hit with water. I took a deep breath in and admired the view I had.

        "Mind if I sit?" a familiar British accent asked.

        "Yeah sure," I huffed out with almost an annoyed tone.

        "Are you having fun?" he asked, taking a sip of his beer.

        "Tons," I responded, giving him a dry answer hoping he would take the hint.

        "Well then, what are you doing all the way down here?"

        "Just... thinking I guess," I answered, glancing over at him.

        "So do you want to go on a date with me?" he blurted out, breaking the silence between us.

        "You just cut straight to the chase, dontcha'?" I scoffed. "And no," I answered him.

        "Why not?" he asked, confused as to why I turned him down.

        "Because I don't know you," I rolled my eyes.

        "Well... Isn't that the point of a date? To get to know each other?" he questioned.

        "Yeah well, what if I said for once someone doesn't want to get to know you," I shot back at him.

        "Ouch," he chuckled. He looked back at the party when an up beat song came on and one that I quite like, if I must admit. He stood up and brushed the sand off his shorts before holding his hand out towards me. "How about we start with a dance?" He asked with a cheeky yet convincing grin. I looked him up and down, pondering on whether I wanted to or not.

        "Fine," I huffed out, placing my hand in his so he could pull me up.

-Harry's POV-

        I don't know why I continued to try with this girl? It is obvious she is not interested in me, but I guess that's why I want her so bad. I'm not used to getting turned down by a girl. She was a challenge and one that I couldn't resist. I asked her to dance after she shot down the whole date idea, and after she thought about it she finally gave in. I walked her to the middle of the dance floor and we began to dance to the song Everybody Talks by Neon Trees. She obviously really liked the song because she was singing along to the lyrics. She was actually having fun in my presence for once. She was laughing at our dance moves as she attempted to copy mine. I grabbed her hand and began to spin her around which made her giggle. I laughed and pulled her into my chest and then the song began to end. It transitioned into a slower song, and to my surprise she didn't back away from me. Instead she continued to sway along to my movement.

        The song was nearing the end and I was actually dreading it. I wanted to stay like this. The song finished and she glanced up at me. Her brown eyes twinkled at me as they reflected the lights that hung above us and without thinking I leaned down slightly and went in for a kiss, but lips are not what I came in contact with. Instead two cold fingers were placed on my lips and I shot my eyes open. She now backed away from me.

        "This was a mistake," she stuttered, before quickly walking away.

        "Charlie, hold on wait!" I yelled as she disappeared through the crowd.

        Dammit why did I do that? Now I've screwed everything up. I just had to let my hormones get in the way and mess things up. Now it's back to square one, if I even have the opportunity to start again.