t w e n t y f o u r

Emilia

Emilia

Trips to the hospital have always been my worst. Whether I'm visiting someone or going for an appointment, hospitals are always going to be the worst. Even though they treat you and help you with your situation, hospitals are still the worst.

So imagine waking up to a beeping sound in a white room with wires deep down your arms, and your twin sister laying on the couch.

I groan slightly at the oxygen mask around my mouth and tried to move my hands to take it off, but groaned loudly at the pain of the wires. Elena moved slightly in her sleep till her eyes blinked open and she saw my state of misery.

Elena quickly jumped from the couch and rushed over to me, pulling the mask off. I took a deep breath as Elena looked down at me worriedly. "Hey, how are you?" She whispers, smiling softly.

"I-I'm fine." I say, my voice raspy as I cough at the dryness in my throat. "Wait." Elena says pouring water in a plastic cone from the water dispenser. "Here you go." She says, holding my chin as I sat up and opened my mouth. She slightly poured water into my mouth and allowed me to swallow, before pouring some more.

After finishing the cup, she threw the cone and pulled a chair beside my bed. "Are you ok?" Elena asks, taking my hand in hers. "To be honest, I'm not." I say, sighing.

"What happened out there?"

"I'm not sure. I mean one second I'm throwing a punch at a bastard, next thing you know I'm falling into the welcoming arms of the floor." I scoff, replaying the scene in my mind.

"I don't how you do it." Elena whispers, looking down at our interlocked hands. "Do what?" I ask, chuckling slightly. "Be funny when you've got a trillion things to be worried about."

"You just have to get loose, stop thinking."

"You make it sound so easy." Elena says, chuckling humorlessly. "It is easy, but you just worry a lot. You think of all the worst scenarios when in the end you get what you want."

"The Founder's Court is tomorrow."

"What?" I ask, looking at er questioningly. "Miss Mystic Falls? Remember, we signed up." Elena points out. "Oh yeah, we signed up a long time ago."

"Are you dropping out?"

"No, remember mom wanted us to join." I remind, looking up at the ceiling. "Yeah." Elena whispers, a sad smile forming on her face. "Bonnie is back." Elena informs causing my head to snap towards her, "She is?"