Chapter 19

New York, 3 months after the Zurich trip

Jamie's POV

Erica and I are in the middle of having our dinner when she brought up the following topic out of the blue. "So baby, I was just wondering... Ermm... IwouldliketomovetoNewYork." 

"Speak clearly, I can't understand a word you just said, babe.  Haven't I told you before?  Don't speak with your mouth full." I chided.

"I was just saying...  I would like to move to New York..." She repeated timidly as if she was fearful of my reaction.  Then she stayed totally still, anticipating anxiously for my reply.  I almost cracked up, how can she be such a powerful and no nonsense CEO at work and yet be able to switch into a sweet puppy, always eager to gain my approval and at times such a self-effacing White Knight in front of me, at home?

I gave Erica a fierce glare, the type of stare that shoots a thousand arrows at once. she gulped. "I thought we discussed this previously? The answer is still N.O. Which part of the N and which part of the O did you not understand?"

"But, ba-by, hear me out first, please? Pweeeuty Pweese?" she whined. I relented, who can resist such a pretty please from my personal 'Shrek Cat'? Certainly not me.

"I am thinking of taking a full-time MBA at NYU Stern, with a specialization in Finance. I can spend more time with you, get myself ready to take over from father when he sees fit, and be based in the Fashion Capital  at the same time.  Basically, to kill three birds with one stone.  I've been considering this for quite some time, I think it's a win-win solution for all." 

"If you agree"  

I almost missed the last 3 words which she practically swallowed if I wasn't paying attention to my stunningly beautiful and simultaneously handsome Knight.  How can a person be both at the same time?  I'm so lucky to have her with me.

"I'm so touched babe, I miss you so damn much when you are not here with me!  I never thought that it would be so hard to maintain a long distance relationship.  But how about your mom, dad and everyone at Zurich, won't you miss them?" I held both her hands affectionately.

"Ya. I was initially thinking about getting the Master of Science in Banking and Finance from the ZHAW School of Management and Law, it's at Winterthur, not too far from Zurich. But that would mean I am not exposed to other universities. I was a graduate of the Zurich University of Applied Science. In addition, with my family being  patron of the university, it would make things a bit uncomfortable for me and the professors if I study my postgraduate course there."

"On the other hand, if I pursue the Master of Science in Finance with a major in International Finance, offered by the Geneva Business School, I will have to shuttle between Geneva and Barcelona for classes, Zurich is about 3 hours away from Geneva, and 18 hours from Barcelona by train! I won't get to see them frequently too. Besides, with your history, I don't really want to risk you having lovers in Geneva and Barcelona whenever you visit and when I have to commute.  Even if I opt to fly instead of taking the trains." 

I rolled my eyes and gave her a playful slap.  My naughty Knight.