Short Story

The steady beat of my head banging on my bedroom door is inturrupted by the perfect rhythm of Karios knocking on it. She lets herself in and again, insists I get ready for a date with Niall. It's our first real date and Kai is digging through my closet.

"Perfect!" she exclaims. Kai is holding a white Minnie Mouse shirt, with only the slightest bit of color on the red bow, skinny jeans, a red infinity scarf, and some boots.  I change and my crazy friend does my hair in a bun placed high on my head. "Now, I want you to wear at least a little lipgloss."

"Fine!" I huff, digging through her puse and pulling out a thingy of peppermint lipgloss, applying a thin layer. "Happy?"

"It's okay, ooh! There's the doorbell. Let you parents answer it and get you. I'll leave a bit after you."

"Kay."

~

"Horan, party of two, this way please," the waitress guides us to our little booth for two. "Here you go, your server will be out shortly to take your orders."

"Thank you," Niall says. I sit down and he sits next to me. "Candys, my friends have a bet on us see. One says ten bucks you'll dump me after tonight, another says vise versa. I want to prove them both wrong and I'm pretty nerv-" I cut him off with a soft, gentle kiss.

"Me too. Now, ten bucks we'll make it a week?" I ask.

"I could never make that bet. Isay twenty on a month."

"Okay."