Chapter 26

October 9th, 2015

Keyshia's POV

"I'm surprised you decided to meet up with me considering everything that happened between us."

"That makes two of us,"I chuckled as I sat my purse down in the booth. Emmanuel had called me last night and asked if we could meet up for breakfast to talk about the status of our unknown relationship. Though I wanted to forget about him and everything we had, I knew it was impossible. I still had feelings for him even when I didn't want too.

Our waiter came to the table and asked us about our drinks then walked off to retrieve them. I couldn't ignore the butterflies in my stomach as Emmanuel's light brown eyes, stared at me with pure bliss. This man was beyond handsome and the simple fact he was trying his hardest to make me his woman, had me drooling.

"Could you not stare at me?"

"Don't act like you don't like it,"he grinned. "You've always loved that about me. The way I admire you and take in all your beauty."

"I loved that before I knew about your secrets."

"We're going there today?"

"Where did you expect us to go?"

"I figured we would end up there but not this soon but being that I'm being truthful about everything now, ask me anything you'd like."

"How do I know the response I get is the truth?"

"You gotta start trusting me at some point."

This was how Emmanuel got me the first time. He had a way of smooth talking his way into any and everything. That's something I took a liking too but also a hate towards. If he could smooth talk his way into any and everything then there's no telling who he's using his charm on besides me.

"Why did you lie about that?"I asked with my arms propped up against the table. Our waiter had returned with our drinks and I made sure I grabbed mine with no hesitation; being that I wanted to be all ears for his response. 

"I wasn't thinking honestly and like before, I was afraid you wouldn't want me. I mean who would want a man that's currently in the process of getting a divorce with an infant? Some women aren't attracted to men having ties with other women and I just figured you to be one of those types."

"So instead of approaching me about the situation, you just felt it would be best to lie instead?"

"I wouldn't necessarily say that but I'll admit that I went about it the wrong way. You didn't deserve to be lied too."

"You're right about that,"I chuckled. "What's the status of the divorce process now?"

"We're divorced. She has my son on the week days and I get him on the weekends. We only talk about things concerning our son, nothing more."

"How can I trust that?"I questioned.

"I figured you'd say that,"he smirked as he reached inside his briefcase and pulled out some papers. He handed the papers over to me and I carefully read over them. The papers stated that the divorce was final and that communication couldn't go far unless it was about their son and his needs. I couldn't lie, he had outdone himself with proving my questions to me. "What do you think now? Am I still the big bad wolf you knew weeks ago?"