Chapter 6

Ny'air POV

April 27th, 2015

My family had been in town for 6 days now and there were still 8 days left of them being here. Things had been going smooth but I was still ready for them to leave. My secret still hadn't surfaced so I was riding the wave.

"Alexis, why you feel like that?"I questioned as we all sat in my room eating ice cream and watching Acrimony. According to them they hadn't saw the movie so I decided to play it for them. I wanted their opinion.

We had just saw the part where Taraji's husband brought flowers to her job. "I feel like it's her fault and his too. As a man he should've stepped his game up to provide for his woman but as his woman I felt like she should've had more faith in him. Yeah what woman who's struggled with a man for years and helped him, would wanna watch him reward the next bitch? That's a slap in the face but at the same time, Taraji was listening to her miserable ass sisters when she should've kept faith in her man if you ask me."

I nodded my head because she was right. This movie often caused a lot of disagreements but everyone was entitled to their own opinion. "She totally went batshit crazy for no reason though. The man has moved on with another woman."Anlise added. "She left him. That's her fault."

"He wasn't doing shit for her."I interjected. "You would've done the same, right or wrong?"

"Wrong. As my man's wife, it's my job to uplift him when no one else is doing so. If my man believes in himself then who am I to knock him?"

"But you have feelings."Alexis countered. "If y'all are struggling and he's just doing shit with the little bit of money y'all have and not making anything off of it, you wouldn't leave his ass either? He was taking entirely too long indeed but Taraji wanted to believe in him. He wasn't improving so she became fed up."

"Correct but how can she be mad and throw a fit at him when he kept trying to talk to her when he was down? She was unhappy, listening to outsiders and not her man, that's her fault. Nobody forced her to leave. She did that on her own so who is she to be mad?"

I could only enjoy the moments like these. I actually admired the fact Alexis and Anlise could discuss topics like this in such a civilized manner. If it were Andrea and I, a braid would've been on the floor by now.

After watching Acrimony and arguing about who was wrong or right, Anlise and Alexis left to go back to their hotel. I decided to stay home and do nothing. I wanted Andrea to come over but she was busy with her own family. Since Andrea couldn't come over, I decided to call her instead.

"What's up?"she answered. "Had to leave the family to accept your call."

"Nothing much. Just bored."I shrugged. "How's your family?"I asked curiously. Andrea and her family had a strong relationship before Andrea's father passed when she was 13. Her family on her fathers side had stopped communicating with her and it wasn't until now they wanted something to do with her. Apparently her father had put her in his will.

"Their cool. I still don't like them but I've been pretending well."she spoke aggravated. "How's it going with you and your folks?"

"I'm still waiting for them to leave."I laughed. "But overall its been pretty exciting."

"That's great. My aunt pretty much confirmed what I thought all along."