Chapter Twelve - Features

Chapter Twelve – Features

There was a solid knock on the door. "Drake?"

It was Guinevere.

I had to clear my throat before I could answer. "Come in."

The sound of the door opening and closing was loud in the otherwise silent room. Silent because I was still staring at what was now me.

My features were more angular. More precise. Only slight changes, but they were changes all the same. My average blue eyes? No more. Now they burned a sapphire blue. My average chest length blond hair? It was longer and the colour made me want to dye it because it made me think of Rhiannon. It was a platinum blond.

Guinevere came into sight of the mirror, a contrast of myself. "The reason for everyone staring was because while your hunger was upon you, your eyes were as red as the blood you drank."

"Yey." Guess I can't blame them though. I swallowed the frog in my throat.

Guinevere spoke quickly. "I have some of your own clothes for you."

It was only then I realised as she gestured them that she was holding them. I turned and took them with a thank you.

"Has Michael apologised yet?"

I blinked at her. "For what?"

She raised a brow. "He listened to Rhiannon when his instincts told him what you really were. A niveramia."

"How do you guys even know I'm definitely a niveramia?"

When Guinevere only looked at me, I sighed. Yeah okay. Whatever. God, I could cope with being an average dhampire. But a niveramia? I'd seen how they'd first looked at Rhiannon before they'd realised she was using magic on one of there own. Hopefully the others in the school wouldn't realise. Yeah, and maybe pigs will fly over the next full moon.

Changing into the clothes Guinevere had brought for me, once she'd left, I wondered where my old ones had gone. I shook my head, didn't matter. No, right now, I wanted answers.

Leaving the room showed that the guys had gone. But for Doyle, Michael and Zillah. I felt a pang of hurt at their disappearance, but I turned to Michael as I handed Doyle his shirt, and yeah, I was blushing as I did – drain the blood you've drank, why not. But I focused on Michael.

"What else?"

"What do you mean?" Michael asked.

"I look different, that's one thing I hadn't expected. What else is their to expect?"

"Your power that was 'blocked' will now be unblocked, Justin will help you control it. Your eyes change colour."

I moved over to the bed as my head spun and his legs wobbled. I huffed, if a little hysterically. "God. What, three, four weeks ago I didn't know that you guys actually existed. And now. Now I've changed from being called a dhampire to a niveramia and the only niveramia I've met is a complete Bitch – capital 'B'."

Michael ignored my out burst. "Doyle will be you full time guard–"

"What, so now, because I've changed, I get special treatment and have a guard?" Silence followed my words. "Jesus. What am I going to tell my parents?"

"You'll be able to see them. But only for visits."

I pushed off the bed. God, it was all catching up. Everything. I felt as though I was being shoved into the tiniest box and was told to just deal with it. "I'll be back when I'm thirsty. I need some thinking space."