Chapter 9 - Starting a New Life (Hoenn.)

This was another part of the trip where Ash, Max, Norman and Caroline were least looking forward to going to above the others. They were going to the Hoenn region, which is where Norman and his family all lived before they left.

Norman had left his assistant as the gym leader when he had gone travelling, he would be the one to battle Ash though when it came time for them to battle.

"It feels wrong being back here." Max said as the boat was docking into the harbour.

"Yeah I know how you feel son. This is the place where we once lived, it brings back memories of May that we don't want to remember." Caroline said, Norman nodding his head in agreement.

"I doubt she is here guys, she's probably with her new friends wherever they are. She won't come back here unless she wants something." Ash said. He had travelled with May for a long time and she was a whiner and whenever she wanted something she would always go to someone else, when she wants something only her parents can give her then she will come home.

If she was to come home and they were not there the assistant is to tell her to leave the gym, but he is not allowed to say why they will all tell her that as they knew they would be seeing her in the future.

Like in any of the other regions they had been to their first month started out walking around the entire region just to get the feel of the place, just in case they got lost then they would know how to get out and back on track.

The second and third month is when Ash explains all of the new pokemon to the others, the Nanodex gives them a sentence or two on the pokemon they want to learn about, but Ash had seen them all and captured some of them so he explained all of the pokemon that his family wanted to know about. He even gave them advice on which pokemon he thought would be better for them to catch to improve their teams, all of his family took this advice and used it in what pokemon they wanted to catch.

The forth month was spent just doing that, catching new pokemon. When they liked the look of a pokemon they would go to Ash and ask what it was, what type it was and other questions that they felt they needed to know. If the pokemon appealed to them then they caught it and if it did not then they would leave it and go find something else. By the end of the forth month everyone had new pokemon to add to their team, Ash suggested that they try to catch the most pokemon in the forth month so they can train them for a bit in the fifth month but if there were pokemon throughout the rest of the year that they wanted to catch then they could.

The fifth month they trained their new pokemon. Ash knew that he would not use any of his new pokemon in any of his battles, he was only using the pokemon he caught in the Kalos league last time and his legendaries. He wanted to wait until he had gotten pokemon from all of the regions, he wanted to wait till all of these pokemon evolved and he wanted to wait till later to use them. This did not meant that he loved the pokemon he used more than his new ones, no he loved them all equally, he just wanted all of his pokemon to get to know one another before the newer ones were used.

On the sixth month it was time for them to leave for the first gym, and the forth part of Ash's journey had gotten started.

The first gym that is on their trip is the Rustboro which is run by Roxanne, who is an expert when it comes to rock type pokemon. This was going to be a 2 on 2 battle as Ash had been told that she only had these pokemon with her, and the first pokemon that he was going to be facing was Geodude. Ash went with Pikachu, who was able to take out Geodude quickly using a powerful and well timed iron tail. The second pokemon that he had to fight was Nosepass and this pokemon was Roxanne's strongest, it managed to encase Pikachu in its rock tomb but with the help of iron tail Pikachu was able get out of it. Pikachu then used a couple of iron tails one after the other on the feet of Nosepass, this meant that it was not able to move, Pikachu then used a powerful and close range iron tail in the face of the rock type knocking it out.