Priya cringed at the mention of Rakesh.  

“Aman, I need to tell you something.” Priya said immediately.  

“What’s wrong?” Aman asked.  

“I...Last night, what happened…” Priya couldn’t tell him, not yet.  

“What is it, Priya? Just tell me.” Aman said gently.  

“Aman, I need you to promise me that you won’t let Payal marry Rakesh.” Priya said.  Tears started to form in her eyes.  

“What? Why this all of a sudden?” asked Aman, confused.  

“I just need to know that Payal won’t end up married to Rakesh no matter what.” Priya said.  

“I think Payal is too young to get married. I’m against any marriage plans for her at the moment.” Aman said.

“Why are you being so evasive? Aman, I need you to promise me that Rakesh and Payal won’t be married. Please, Aman.” Priya was nearly begging.  

“I...can’t promise you that.” Aman said guiltily.  

“Why not?” Priya couldn’t believe this, “You’re the one who said that Rakesh wouldn’t be a good husband for Payal.  He’d be unfaithful.” Priya said.  

“We’re thinking about partnering in a hotel project.  Ashritha Hotels. It’ll be a chain in India, starting in Mumbai.  It’s a grand project.  For Rakesh to marry into the family would be great! Don’t you think?” Aman said.

Priya remembered seeing something about this project one day when she was in Aman’s study. It seemed like an important project, but she couldn’t let Payal’s happiness be sacrificed for some project.  

“No.” Priya said.  Tears were falling down her cheeks.  “Aman, you can’t let Rakesh and Payal get married.”

“Priya, don’t cry. It’s only a possibility.  This doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.” Aman said.  He reached for her, but she back away.  

“You don’t understand,” she said, “You can’t let them get married.  There can’t even be a possibility.”

“Why not?” Aman asked.  He thought that Rakesh and Payal wouldn’t make a good couple, primarily because of the age difference.  He was hoping that being married to someone like Payal would make Rakesh to improve his ways.  

“Aman, last night, Rakesh was...the man in the storage room.” Priya finally admitted.  She looked down, still unable to stop her tears.  

Aman looked at Priya, unable to fully comprehend what she’d just told him.  

“Priya, I know you don’t want Payal and Rakesh to get married, but that’s a serious allegation.” Aman said.  

Priya looked at Aman, shocked.  He didn’t believe her!

“I’m telling you the truth. He’s the one who tried to….” Priya couldn’t say.  She just couldn’t.  

“You said you didn’t know who it was.” Aman retorted.  

“I lied,” admitted Priya quietly, “He threatened me.”

Aman paused, thinking for a second.  Priya didn’t know anyone else at the party besides Nikhil and Neha, who were dancing and Hiten, who was with Aman.  She wouldn’t have gone anywhere with a stranger.  It would make sense that she was with Rakesh, but why were they in the storage room together?

What exactly were you doing in the storage room with him, Priya?” Aman asked suspiciously.  

“Aman...I...just went to talk with him. He knew about the marriage, but he lied to you and said that he didn’t.” Priya told him.  She was growing frustrated.