Chapter Fifty-four

"What is it now?" Xavier asked referencing towards the fact that I have finally shut up for the first time in my life.

I was actually deep thought thinking about my mum. Maybe I should call her. I debated slightly before answering Xavier.

"Do you think that he's serious?" I asked with a worrying look.

"What? about your mum?" Xavier asked.

Xavier took my silence as an answer. "He might be serious"

My eyes widened in horror. "Xavier I swear to go if you joking around with m-"

Xavier gave me a dead serious look. "I'm not joking around. If you asked me before this, my answer would be different. But after seeing that, I've got a feeling he'll do anything"

"So you knew that he might be serious and you just put my mum at risk?" I asked not believing it's true.

Xavier started with a blank expression "You have to understand-"

"That it was for the best?" I asked shaking my head in a disapproving manner. "That this was your only option and there was no other way"

I know he was going to say that. It seems to be the only excuse he uses. Yet the way he says that with a blank expression, as though he doesn't seem to care at all. All void of any emotion. That scared me the most. Because then he's no better than Duncan.

"I had to" he answered, believing exactly what he was saying.

Although I know deep inside he knows he didn't have to do it like that.

"You didn't have to" I argued back with a furious voice. "There is always an option Xavier. You made the choice to put my mum at risk for your expense. So don't you dare sit here and tell me it's for the best because in the end, your no better than Duncan"

I saw a slight flash of hurt cross his features but it had disappeared before I could even take it in.

It seemed as though a switch was flicked and every emotion inside of him was pushed away. As soon as someone tells him the truth or he feels a tiny bit of emotion he pushes it away. He just doesn't want to feel.

"Your right Avery" He stated with a different kind of anger.  "I'm a cold bastard that makes decisions that gets people hurt. But I make the choices and I own it. If anyone else had made a different decision that let Duncan go then he would be going on a killing spree right now killing hundreds of people. So I'm not sorry for making the hard decisions that others don't have to and I'll own it and live with it. But if you had made a different decision you would have to live with it and trust me when I say you wouldn't survive" 

I shook my head and replied in the same tone with the same furious tone. "Fine, you be the bad guy, I don't care anymore. I'm going to call my mum now and pray to god that she's still alive"

I didn't wait for his answer. Heck I didn't even want him to answer. 

I opened mum's contact and called her hoping she would pick up.

"Hello?" My mum's voice answered making me let out a breath of air.

I was thankful she had answered but she wasn't out of the clear yet.

"Hey mum" I answered glancing at Xavier who was staring at me with his cold hard expression.

"I need you to listen to me please. Something terrible might happen so I need you to leave the house right now, get in your car right now and meet me at the address I'm going to text you. If anything happens I need you to grab a gun in my sock drawer and I need you to use it. Your not safe" I explained quickly in an urgent tone .