33) The Originals

Începe de la început

I shook my head angrily and turned away.

"A good time indeed," another, female voice said.

I whipped my head up at the unfamiliar voice and my eyes locked onto a face I had only ever seen once. In my vision. But she wasn't alone, no she was standing next to her brothers and sister.

The Originals. 

They looked just like they did in my vision. Four of them, all pale and tall. Each one strikingly beautiful, but like before, there was a sharpness to that beauty, an edge, something that made them seem almost repulsive to me. 
All wearing long dark cloaks, the two males wearing dark blue, and the other two dark purple. The hoods on the cloaks weren't up so I could see the dark almost black hair the two brothers had and the startling contrast of the white blonde hair the two sisters had. How on earth were they related? But I could see it in their eyes, all the same dark brown eyes that seemed bottomless. Their chalky skin reminded me of something a vampire has, or rather would have. There was no colour on their cheeks.
Pedro Stag, Cameron Stag, Vanessa Stag and Willow Stag. 
The voice I heard came from the woman in the centre, a sly grin on her face as she looked at me greedily, like I was a piece of meat. They had arrived so silently, I didn't even notice them until they spoke.

"You will bow when you are in the presence of Royalty," Ethen hissed in my ear. 

He put a hand on my back and forced me down. I scoffed, Royalty, they didn't have a single drop of Royal blood in them, the only Royal one here was Ethen, and I certainly wasn't going to bow to him. He let me up after a few seconds and I looked again into their faces, all wearing a smirk, all except the woman on the end. She just stood there, motionless, nothing in her expression betrayed anything that she was feeling.

Ethen's grip tightened around me and I began struggling. This couldn't happen. I can't die like this, I've hardly lived my life! It's not fair! All the things I wouldn't be able to do, be able to say. I'm going to die here in this dark and creepy place, underground by having my very life force drained out of me. How in any shape or form is that right?

The man on the far right rolled his eyes and shot an enregy field at me. It hit me square in the chest and I felt my limbs freeze, the immobolising field I realised. The only thing I could move was my eyes. 
Ethen caressed my cheek once and then let go of me, walking over towards the Originals who stood about five metres away from me. Ethen inclined his head to them respectfully and then joined their ranks.
I stood there. Alone. My power of movements restricted to blinking while the people who planned on killing me stood there with a smug satisfaction.
But no. I can't die like this, not like this. Without the power of my movement! How dare they! It"s just damn cowardly! And almost as soon as the man had put the energy field on me, I felt it go, like it had lost all it"s power. I flexed my arms and rolled my shoulders to chase away any of the tiredness.
I saw the man frown and once again shoot the spell at me. And once again I felt myself stiffen, and then relax, breaking free. Wow I was getting good at this.

The man let out a sigh of frustration and was about to raise his arm again when I spoke.

"Really? Are you really going to put that energy field on me again?"

The man lowered is arm and glowered at me "You will speak to me with respect, girl."

I laughed. "You want me to show respect to the people who want to kill me?"

Ethen made a movement as if to approach me, but the woman who hadn't yet moved put an arm across him, stopping him.

I don't know where I got the confidence to laugh from. I think it's just that this whole situation seemed ridiculous. Terrifying and deathly ridiculous. My point is, if I'm going to die, I'm going to die my way.