"Oh c'mon. Stop fooling yourself, Kristrin." I chastised myself.

Who am I kidding? It's already been two months. Two months na akong nandito. At sa loob ng dalawang buwang 'yun, mas nakilala ko si Antonio. I know his pas, the things he likes, the things he doesn't like, his mannerisms, his hobbies, I know a lot of stuff about him.

I feel 'weird things' for him.Not a bad weird, but a good weird, y'kno what I'm saying. I always have trouble when he smile, laugh, everything. Everything he does makes me feel like there are ten billion butterflies in my stomach, he make me feel like the whole zoo is inside me.

I admit, I'm attracted to him.

But, that doesn't mean I love him...right?

I raked my fingers through my locks.

But I was irritated when he hugged that rotten vegetable. I'm referring to Burandai. She looks like a rotten vegetable. Messy hair tied in a bun, sweaty, and the way she the way she dresses, she looked like an old woman with fifty children. Heck, even her name stinks!

And gosh! The way she clings on Antonio, Goodness. 'Di sila bagay. Can't she see that she's way below Antonio's level? Antonio is like a prince and she's.. she's some ugly maid in the castle. I'm itching to pull her hair-

I trailed off. My eyes grew wide.

I'm acting like I'm jealous.

I'm acting like I'm freaking jealous!

Crap.

I shook my head at the thought while slightly tapping both my cheeks.

No, Kristin. You're not jealous. You're just concern. 'Di lang naman ikaw ang nasasayangan sa magandang genes ni Antonio kung mapunta lang ito kay Burandai. It's normal for you to react that way.

No need to panic.

I let out a huge sigh. This is crazy. freaking crazy.

I looked out the window.

Two months...

In two months, the revolution broke out in different towns and provinces. Luckily, this town haven't started the revolution. I've read in the newpapers published by revolutionary groups that eight provinces started the revolution after the battle in San Juan.

I remembered my history professor said, that the eight rays of the sun in the Philippine flag represents these eight provinces. I'm sure.. hundreds of people died.

Mabuti nalang at hindi kasali si Antonio sa mga laban. He and the other members of the Katipunan in this town decided that they'll start attacking the spaniards after Bonifacio give them orders.

Napahiga ako sa kama.

I'm tired. Thoughts were mixed up in my head but I still ended up falling asleep.

* * *

"Kristin... Kristin." I groaned when I felt someone gently tapping my shoulder.

I slowly opened my eyes at si Aling Isay agad ang nakita ko. "Hija.."

"A-aling Isay."

She smiled, "Halika na't maghahapunan na tayo."

"S-sige po. Susunod nalang ako."

She nodded efore leaving the room. I sat up. Lifting my hair off my neck, I looked outside the window. The sun was almost back in its bed. I must've slept for an hour.

I sighed saka bumaba ng kama at tinungo ang pinto.

One thing I learned about the people here is that they have their dinner very early. Bago pa tuluyang lumubog ang araw ay dapat nakapahapunan na. And they even sleep very early.