Chapter 3: Companion

Start from the beginning

Blake: "Velvet! Are you alright?!"

They raced to get in between the predator and his mistaken prey.

Velvet: "Y-Yeah. I-I'm okay."

Weiss: "Why in the world did you run off like that? You said you'd come willingly!"

She lectured the young wolf.

(Y/N): "S-Sme-lled r-r-rabb-it. Hun-gr-y."

Just then a loud growling noise was heard, it came from the Grimm like male, showing that he, indeed, was very hungry. Team RWBY looked to each other then back at the male.

Team RWBY: "What exactly does he eat?"

[Time Skip, to the Cafeteria!]

The academy cafeteria was mostly empty, besides the few students wishing to eat while studying. Team RWBY, minus Yang and Blake, and their new companion sat at a table... well, Weiss and Ruby sat at the table while (Y/N) refused to sit like a human and was sitting on the floor. Though the room was rather large, the wolf disliked the closed feeling, the stale air that smelled of strange aromas, and most of all being in a place where humans roam.

Ruby: "Can you please sit at the table.... Ozpin told us to teach you and all, so you have to at least try to listen."

The wolf thought for a moment, then gave up, He then jumped onto a seat at the table, next to the young team leader. Still not quite what Ruby wished for, but she accepted it as progress. Not long after, Yang and Blake came to the table with four trays of food. They handed them out to the team then sat down. The scent of the food was strange.

(Y/N): 'Do humans really eat that stuff?'

While Blake drank tea and ate some kind of cooked fish, the wolf sniffed at the air. Blake's food smelled burnt to (Y/N), seeing as he's used to eating things raw, and the seasonings on the fish were far too potent, her drink smelled of the same herb he had smelled during their fight. Next he sniffed the air towards Yang, she ate a cheeseburger, once again, the meat smelled burnt. Next he moved to Weiss, who was eating a salad. This was a more pleasant sent, but (Y/N) isn't exactly fond of eating plants. Last, was Ruby. The hooded female was happily devouring a piece of cake with such ferocity that it nearly matched the curious wolf's, where she got it I'm not even too sure, and on the side were four chocolate chip cookies.

Yang: "It was a bad idea to get her dessert... wasn't it?"

Blake and Weiss: "Yup."

The sweet scent of the human food interested (Y/N). There were certain fruits and plants that gave off a sweet scent, but nothing even close to the aroma he smelled now. Ruby took notice of the wolf's curiosity and looked at him, then at her nearly devoured piece of cake. She got a small piece on her fork the held it out to (Y/N).

Ruby: "Wanna try some?"

(Y/N) looked at the strange metal instrument for a moment and sniffed the air again. The sweet scent was actually quite good to the wolf. He slowly opened his mouth and leaned forward, eating the small piece of cake. He chewed then swallowed, taking a moment to take in the taste. Just as it's scent, it was extremely sweet but (Y/N) actually enjoyed it, not as much as hunting down his prey and eating, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

Ruby: "Good right?"

(Y/N) nodded. After a few more bites of cake and finally finding something he would eat, which was basically a raw steak from the kitchen, they decided it was time for the worst possible task... cleaning up the poor sap. After acquiring a set of swimming trunks they set to work on the awkward task.

[Time Skip, Brought to You By Chibi (Y/N) Barking at Blake While She Hides in a Tree]

(Y/N) pulled at the uncomfortable clothes. Ozpin had sent some clothes for the new "student". A pair of jeans and a shirt, not much but more then he had before. After getting cleaned up and a haircut, Team RWBY made the wolf put on new clothes so they could wash the dirty tattered cloak.

Weiss: "You know he doesn't look bad. If only we could remove that mask."

(Y/N) tilted his head.

Me: "Re-Remove ma-ask?"

Weiss: "It is a mask right? Can't you take it off?"

(Y/N) nodded. Suddenly a crack went all the way down the middle of his Beowulf mask, splitting it in half. Both halves then fell from the males face and turned to black dust that swirled around him then absorbed into his tail and ears. Team RWBY seemed to freeze as they stared at the once secret face of the wolf. His (Eye Color) orbs seemed to shine in the light as he stared up at them. After a few moments they snapped out of their trance.

Ruby: "Well time for bed!"

Ruby laughed nervously and jumped onto her bed then disappeared under the cover.

Yang: "Wait, where does he sleep?"

Blake: "He could always just sleep on the couch in the livi-"

Weiss: "He's already fallen asleep."

Ruby poked her head out from underneath the covers to see (Y/N) curled up in a ball like a dog, fast asleep. Classes certainly will be fun with their new companion tomorrow, won't they?

[(A/N): Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed, give me some feed back, I'd love to hear what you think. Anywho, Dark-

Ruby: "Wait, we don't even know his name."

Yang: "What's your name?"

The blonde asked the dog like male.

(Y/N): "N-No na-name, n-ot g-gi-give."

Weiss; "Well that won't do. Perhaps we should give him a name."

Author; "Come on guys hurry it up, its 3am and I have to be up at 9am, name the pup and go to bed."

Ruby: "How about Wolfie? You know, cause he's-"

Author: "No, that's too cliché. Plus he's not a pet... even though you're training him... and he acts like a dog... and he- You know what let's call him (Y/N), okay? Okay! Goodnight/Good day! DarkPrince out!"]