Chapter 23

Sasuke's POV

My hand shook in complete fear and worry, covered in the warm crimson blood of the blond that I just accidentally killed. I didn't want to let go of his body, I felt like there was still some light and hope but it was the slightest. Sobbing loudly, I finally decided to put him down, pulling out my blade from the sheath attached behind me. I was planning to self torture myself even though this wasn't really my fault. What am I saying, of course it is! I am the one who threatened to kill the 5 kage, and Naruto! Even though my dominant arm was the left, I was able to hold my blade with the right since it was the proper arm of mine for sword wielding. Using it I cut my left arm off, watching as my own blood dripped down from the injury I caused myself. 

What I was about to do next was a bit extreme, it might even killed me. Looking down at how long the fall would be, I decided to jump off Madara's statue in a way of suicide, but it might not kill me. If it doesn't, I won't be able to move because my legs would probably be broken, and since I no longer had my left arm I would probably die from bleeding out. Looking back at Naruto and holding his body close to me once more, I planted a kiss upon his forehead. With tears filling my onyx eyes and immediately running down my face, I began to speak as if the orange ninja was still here with me. 

"I'm sorry...Naruto. Everything I did was just...unnecessary. I really deserve to die, words cannot describe how awfully I treated not just you, but the entire world. But I know I caused you the most pain, you just wanted me back and I kept neglecting you away from my life when in reality...I needed you the most. Only if I said all of this before you forced my arm into you...you probably wouldn't be dead right now if I did. But...I'm going to end myself, alright?..." Blood dripped down from my arm and tainting his peachy toned face. There was already the red substance all over his mouth and chin because he coughed up his own blood before dying on me. Seeing my one and only friend like this hurt me inside.

If I didn't kill myself now, what would happen to me once Kakashi and Sakura come to find me? Would they even take my words into consideration and believe me when I say I didn't kill him from my own will? Or will I say please kill me I deserve to die or just put me in jail for a life time? I am a criminal around the world, I have no where to go and I can't hide forever. Everyone will be after me and instead of putting me through a disastrous and torturous death, I might as well kill myself so there isn't as much as pain physically. 

Emotionally and mentally, I am dying inside already, dying because of the fact I killed Naruto and nothing is going to change that. The only way he could return is by a reanimation, and reanimations cannot last forever. Besides...it would be weird being with him as a reanimation, I just wish he was still living here with me so we can live our happily ever after. 

Once again viewing how far the fall is, I gulped hesitantly and closed my eyes. "This is it...Sasuke..." I said to myself aloud, moving to the edge of Madara's statue. I wish I died before Naruto did...Unlike him, I have nobody to mourn over the fact I died. Once everybody figures out about his death, they will scream and cry, wanting to know how and why he died. If I were to die, everybody will cheer and celebrate as if Madara died and the war was finally over. I don't have anyone...I am just an alone bolt of lightning that shocks alone. 

I was planning to fall upside down and on my head, therefore hopefully I can die right away I hit the ground. I was actually afraid about this, feeling hesitant and something else inside of me was doubting the idea on killing myself. With tears rushing down my face again and with my right arm by my side, I nodded my head and decided to man up finally. Putting my sword down beside Naruto's corpse that laid on the head of the statute, I decided to say one more thing before I would end my life.

Closing my eyes because I didn't want to watch what I was about to do, I spoke those very last few words in such a soft and gentle tone. "I love you...you big dobe..." Was what I said before taking two steps forward and falling. Rotating so I was now upside down, my head faced the ground and moments later, hit the ground hard. Sending vibrations up my whole body and my eyes shooting open from the pain, my body just laid there on the ground. 

Looking up at the sky, a small smile formed on my face. Blood covered the back of my head and was now dripping from my forehead, my vision slowly becoming black. This...really was it, wasn't it? Well...I'm happy that I can finally die, it is what I deserve for all of my sins. And that is when my vision became black fully, the lightning will never, ever strike again, the moon will never shine throughout the darkness...

"Sasuke..." A masculine voice called out to me.

"What...." I mumbled.

"Sasuke..." Whispered the voice to me once again. "Why would you do such a thing? Committing suicide was not the best option, little brother."

Hearing the alias little brother caused me to sit up forcefully, looking over on a hill where my older brother stood. "I-Itachi?!" If this was really him, this meant I must've died already. "I...cut my arm off...why do I-"

"You're in heaven, this is your spirit. I understand you feel guilt and regret, even when you are up here you'll always be haunted by what happened. Although..." He walked closer to me, leaning his forehead in against mine and placing his hand on the back of his head. "You can't leave just yet, you are the last of our clan, the remaining Uchiha. You have to repay for everything you done, death isn't the proper way of showing your apologizes and atonement."

"It's already too late Itachi...I can't progress if I don't have Naruto with m-"

"Don't worry, he'll be back." Older brother reassured, now pulling away from me. "Forget about your old self and live a new life.  Sasuke...I know you can change, and it all starts with you returning to the real world." He bumped my forehead like he usually would, but this time a peculiar action happened.

A golden white light formed around my body, raising my eyebrow in curiosity and confusion. "What...are you doing?..." I asked him.

"This is going to bring you back to life. Sasuke, stay true to your name. Live a happy long life and I'm sure in no time Naruto will return to you. Remember, you could always make yourself a better person just work for it. I will love you always..." Itachi said with a smile.

"I can't go back, Older Brother! I-"

"Do it not just for me, Sasuke, but for Naruto..." After those words I vanished from his presence, my spirit returning to my body but I did not awaken just yet.

A/N: This chapter is really short because i wanted to separate it from the next chapter so hehehe suspicion