Carmen was delicately laid on the couch as before. She sported a red, short, flowing summery dress, her feet covered with shiny black heels. Her hair was left in her normal curly state. Her face was also nearly the same, aside from the mascara on her eyelashes and the red lipstick complimenting her coffee toned skin.

Her skin.

Isaac furrowed his eyebrows as he kneels down next to the couch and examines her further. He brought a hand up to her cheek, noticing how weird her skin looked. Not in a bad way- Quite the opposite. Her skin looked perfect. No color had been washed from it at all; It merely looked like she was sleeping, rather than being dead for hours now.

"Weird, right?" Allison spoke up from behind him, startling him. "Her slashes are gone too. Her body must still be trying to heal itself."

Isaac only nods and bites his lip, grabbing Carmen's cold hand in his own.

"She looks amazing," Isaac whispered, looking up to Allison with a sad smile, "Thank you so much for doing this."

"It was the least I could do." Allison gulps sadly, folding her arms over her chest. "Really."

Isaac is intently focused on the body before him, only being snapped out of his melancholy daze when he hears a sniff behind him. He slowly raises his head to look up at Allison, who had her hand over her mouth and her eyes filled to the brim with tears.

"Allison . ." He whispered cautiously. Allison shakes her head and looks down at the wooden floors.

"I treated her so badly," Allison began, a small cry leaving her lips, "I-I tried to kill them on multiple occasions, I locked them in my basement, I made you cheat on her with me. She hated, me, but she still gave her life to save mine! Why?"

Isaac stood and brought her into a gentle hug, allowing her to cry into his shoulder. Isaac, on the other hand, was almost positive he had run out of tears to shed.

About a minute later, another knock on the door sounds throughout the house. Allison separates from Isaac and gives him a small nod, wiping her nose on her jacket sleeve as he trotted over to the door to open it.

Lydia and Kira stood there, dressed in black from head to toe. They both gave Isaac kind, reassuring smiles, glancing over to Carmen on the couch.

"Derek said to bring her to his old house, all of the guys are already there." Lydia cleared her throat, obviously trying to remain her composure in front of everyone in the room. "Do you need help carrying her to the car?"

Isaac shook his head, already on his way to the couch to get her.

"We'll be waiting for you in the car." Kira states. Allison walks over to join them and they all saunter out of the house and into a truck.

Isaac looks down at his clothes, realizing that he was still in his jeans and t-shirt. He concluded that it didn't matter; He merely wanted to go to the funeral and get out, ready to spend the remainder of his month (And then some) sulking in bed. 

Isaac reached down and gathered Carmen in his arms bridal style, trying so hard not to think of the time Carmen jumped from her window and they were in that exact same position. How was it possible that everyone turned sour in a mere matter of months? 

With a deep sigh, Isaac pushes out of the front door to meet everyone at the truck.

▲▼

"Hey, man," Scott greeted as he caught up to Isaac and placed a hand on his back as they piled out of the truck. Derek was on the other side of the vehicle, retrieving the body alongside Lydia.