3.7 : blue

Buildings, restaurants, and forests all passed, Carmen's eyes trained on them as the wind from the cracked car window softly blew through her hair. She hadn't spoken a word since Casey had dragged her from the scene and into his car. Even though her head was turned away from him and the only light that accompanied them was from the passing streetlights above, her occasional sniff gave away the fact that she had been silently crying the whole time.

Casey's hands gripped the steering wheel tightly as he tried to find a way to tell her about what he saw. He wasn't even sure if he should tell her. She was already broken, so maybe it was best to leave her alone for now. Then again, maybe this was the best time to tell her- At least then she wouldn't have to find out and cry about it later on. Casey sighed and rapped his fingers against the steering wheel, inhaling deeply.

"Carmen, there's something I have to tell you."

Carmen said nothing; She merely continued to sniff and watch the passing trees. Casey took her silence as a green light.

"I don't really know how to word this, but I think right now might be the best time to tell you this . ." He rambles, averting his eyes back to the road. "Isaac . . He cheated on you. Turns out he's been having sex with Allison for over a few weeks now. I saw them kissing in the locker room when I went to the school to find you. I had to fight him to get the information out of him."

Casey looked over to Carmen, who still held the same position as before. It was as if she was completely oblivious to everything he had said, but he knew that she heard him loud and clear. Why wasn't she reacting?

Carmen couldn't find it in herself to give a reaction. She was angry at him, of course- He was in the locker room kissing up on Allison while Carmen was in the boiler room being chloroformed by a creepy old mass murderer. But, she was even angrier at herself. She was angry for not cutting him off before she learned the truth. She knew that there was something going on between the two, she wasn't stupid. But now, hearing it all confirmed and knowing that everything he had said to her in the last month--Or maybe even more- was a lie was just the cherry on top.

"What do I do?" She sniffs again, her voice scratchy and high-pitched. It was obvious that she was trying to mask the fact that she'd been crying, but he could see straight through her facade.

"What are you talking about?"

"To join your pack, what do I need to do?"

Casey's eyes go wide at her words, and he nearly had to stop himself from driving the car off the road in result of his shock. She was actually asking to be in their pack?

"U-Uh," He stutters, trying to regain his composure, "You're sure you want to do this?"

Carmen turns in her seat so that she's fully facing the dashboard, but she still refuses to make eye contact with him. Her head hangs low and her hair covers her face, almost in shame.

"What do I have left to lose?" She whispers, bringing her hands up to her face to wipe her tears away, "My anchor isn't my anchor anymore. My friends only use me for bait. I'm not important to anyone, and you said it yourself; I'm an omega, I'm as good as dead. I don't want to go back to them- I won't join Scott's pack. I want to make them pay. All of them."

"Carmen . ." Casey shakes his head, glancing down at her for a split second. "I know I was pushing you to join and all that, but really, you're scaring me. This isn't you . ."

"I can be mean if I want to," She snaps back at him harshly, "I can be vengeful. Just because you've been watching me for the last few months doesn't mean you know every single thing about me."