When The Medicine Speaks

"Draco please!"

I half shouted half whispered to him, holding his face in between my hands. "Kill you...I'm onto you....kill you...."

I squeaked. The voice was closer than each and every time I had heard it. This time it was almost an inch away from my ear. "Draco wake up! Wake up!" I kept slapping him in the face trying to get him to wake. His eyes started to open slightly. "There we go. Come on, Draco. Wake up!" I did the counter spell for the invisible rope spell and he was intensely more clam than before. He rubbed his arms where a bruise was all the way around his arms and back. "What happened?" He noticed my white complexion. "Y-you were...you were flinging your self around and you were mumbling strange words...and I heard the voice again, Draco. Are you ok?"

"Yeah I think so. I don't know what was happening."

"I'm going to kill you..."

"Oh my bloody ogre. STOP TALKING TO ME!!" I screamed at a thin nothingness to my left where I had heard the deathly screech. Draco sat up and put his hands on my shoulders. "Let's go. This is enough excitement to last a while...and I think I need to go to the hospital wing." He pleaded with his eyes.

I nodded my head slowly. "Ok." My voice cracked from yelling so hard at the voice. I helped him up, he's limping from the spell I had cast earlier. "I'm sorry." Draco mumbled as we trudged on. "You didn't do anything wrong."

*                     *                        *                     *

"What in the heavens happened?" Madame Mooch exclaimed as we limped inside her office and then to a empty bed. "I was trying to get a glimpse of the Quidditch players so I could learn something and I fell down the stairs and ran into Audrey on the way down." Draco said before I could tell the truth. I didn't say anything, realizing if I did, consequences would hurt us both. I helped him lay down. I covered him with the white sheets after Madame Mooch had patched him up. She sewed my deep cut on my shoulder. I didn't even know I had got hurt. "Can Audrey stay?"

"No, I'm afraid not, Mr.Malfoy."

"What if she got a blood clot and she just died?"

"I think you're being a bit over dramatic-"

"It could happen and you know it." Draco dared for her to say no once again. She sighed heavily and pointed to another bed right beside him. He smiled triumphantly at both Madame Mooch and I as she walked away and I happily got into the bed beside him.

We lay awake for a while talking about everything that came to mind that night, anything at all. Except for the forest thing earlier. I took that as a silent agreement to never mention it. But I ingonred it.

"Thank you, by the way." Draco chuckled.

"I'll do anything for you, Audrey."

"I think that's the medicine talking." I turned over on my side to avoid his grey eyes. "No. It's not. I'm here for you whether-" He yawned. "you like it or not."

The heat rushed up to my cheeks. I turned back to face him. He was asleep. Strange. He looks happier in his sleep than when he was awake. I got up, groaning from the pain, a few minutes later, I pull the blanket above his shoulders. He mumbled something and snuggled deeper into the blankets. I wrote a quick note for him and lay it on the bed. I stumble through the hall to the Gryffindor common room and repeat the password from memory and slump on the couch. I heard a quiet scream from behind me and find Hermione looking at me with furious eyes gazing at me and to my cut. "Where in the bloody heck have you been al night? I've been worried sick! And you got hurt! If that Malfoy did this to you-"

I hugged her, cutting her of from whatever she was saying. She hugged me back squeezing me tightly. She sat me down again. "Now tell me what happened to you." I sighed and then began telling her about everything. The me hearing voices, hearing Harry scream, and Draco coming to help me and keep me company. And where Draco and I had our moments...it slipped out and guilt was eating me alive. "Harry is going to be mad and heartbroken." I said at the end, breathless. Hermione looked me straight in the eye and said, "You know Harry's fancied you for a very long time and apparently so has Malfoy."

"Harry's only liked me for a short time, Hermione."

"Well Harry's heart isn't going to stay in love all the time. Please, Audrey," Herminone put a hand on my shoulder. "make up your mind. I hate watching him eye ball you everyday knowing you like both him and Draco." Hermione gave me a weak smile and hugged me a last time before going up to her bunk.

I know what I have to do.