Not Alone

"Audrey, how is practice going with Harry?" Hermione wondered aloud to me as I took a bite out of my apple I saved from this morning. "Quite well. Though I wish we were...you know."

Hermione nodded, understanding me completely. I had told her about it when I knew I could trust her only weeks ago. "Did I tell you about the incident in the library?"

"Yes and you told the story quite vividly." She turned a page in her book, a smile creeping up her lips. I rolled my eyes. "It's your turn, Audrey."

Ron said poking me to go already. I moved the horse. Ron groaned. "You win. I don't even like this game anyways. What's with all the secrecy?"

"Girl stuff. You'll live to see another day if you stay out of it." Ron held up his hands defensively. "Whoa. Didn't mean to offend you."

I put up the chess pieces. "I'm sorry. Just a little more irritable today. I'm going to find Harry. Do you know where he is?"  I stood smoothing out my robes imaginary wrinkles. "I think he may be in the Great Hall." Hermione replied for Ron, not even looking up from her book.

*

*

*

I opened the doors to the hall and saw Harry sitting alone, engulfed in his homework. For a moment I watched him. Then Draco and his "friends" came up to him on all of his sides. Draco took the book and gave it to Crabbe who ran off with it, Harry behind him. Draco laughed at them running around. I pulled out my wand and mumbled a few words that Hermione had taught me and Crabbe fell straight down on the floor earning a broken nose as the book slid to my feet. Draco laughed even harder at Crabbe. "This is what you call change?" I shouted at Draco and he immediately stopped laughing and grew a guility look. I calmly picked up Harry's book. and motioned for him to follow.

"Thanks Audrey." Harry said for the millionth time. "It's no problem."

Harry looked me sideways from where we were walking to the common room. "What's wrong?"

I can't hide anything from him, even if my life depended on it. Mentally slapping myself I sighed heavily. "I thought...I thought he could change, Harry." He stared at me with some sympathy then I realized that I was being weak. "Sorry. I have to go. Hermione and Ron are in there." I handed him his book back and walked back to the library. I heard Harry call after me but I just kept going.

*

*

*

I drew my wand, my heart beat in my ears, I'm terrified but I take the first step into the Forbidden Forest. I heard him scream, I know it. He only screams when he's scared.

I'm some way far from clear blue skies and the little cabin sort thing Hagrid lives in. "Harry?" I call out. Suddenly all the animals stopped making noise. All I could hear is my own breathing and my small heart attack. "Audrey!"

"Draco...?" I turned around and saw Draco running to catch up, looking behind himself every now and then. "What are you doing here?" I whisper as he stopped in front of me. "That's not Harry screaming. You're going to get hurt if we don't get out of here." He says looking around nervously. "No, Harry is out here."

"Harry is in the library, Audrey. Let's go." He grabbed my small hand and pulled me to where he had came from. "I'm not a damsel in distress, Malfoy. I can take care of myself."

Draco caught my stern gaze and knew I had to do this. "I have to find him. I have to." His grip on my hand loosened but he still held it regardless of my disapproval. "You're not doing this alone then." He gave me a lip smile...I have yet to see a genuine and real smile. He took out his wand and we walked through the forest looking for Tom.