Chapter Nine

This beautiful banner was made by Kool_1222 so thank you so much for this Fiona, I love it! (:

Be sure to email me at Midika36@gmail.com with your banners, and username so I can give you a mention!

Word Count: 2149

~Thea

I stare blankly at him. Whoever he is.

He glances back at the road, paying attention to where he was driving for a second. But I couldn't help looking at him, letting the words process in my brain.

"Jasper is dead," I say clearly, more to myself then him. I wanted to hear the words so I could understand them, believe them.

He shakes his head slowly. "I was dead, but not anymore."

Out of everything that has happened today-with my boyfriend trying to kill me and my father disappearing-this just passes through me with ease. Perhaps I am just numb to everything right now with all the stress...

"Many years ago, my father cursed me," he tells me, his words pronounced as he tries to get me to understand. "He turned me into a Phantom Wolf out of jealously. My own father did not want me to become Alpha, and as a way to not arise suspicion, he told everyone I had committed suicide, when really I was sent to be a Phantom with many others in the Pack."

I just sat their, patiently listening.

"I am sure you understand what a Phantom Wolf is. A wolf half dead. A wolf that can walk as normal, but who's heart does not beat," he explained to me.

He glances at me, as if he is looking for permission to continue. I just stared at the rain hitting the windshield, trying to make sense of what he is telling me. And for whatever reason, I am taking it better than I would expect myself to.

"Recently a few people helped me...That is a story for another time, but I want you to know that I have been waiting to meet you for a very long time," he continued.

I decide to finally voice my opinion. "The asylum workers didn't do a very good job at keeping you locked up, did they?"

Violet eyes chuckles. That is my new name for him since I can't help but think he isn't the centuries old Alpha who supposedly died of suicide. Sure he looks strikingly similar to the Alpha, but that could just be a coincidence, right?

"I know it is hard to believe, but I need you to open your mind up to this," he says, casting me a wary look. "Because I would hate to intervene with..."

"With what? What could you do to me that I already haven't considered?" I growl. I know he probably is a mass murderer who read about Alpha Jasper and then finally decided he is him. And if my likelihood of surviving by jumping out the car was higher, I would have done it by now.

He smiled, a feline smile that suggested something I did not dare question.

"I am capable of many things," he tells me. "But if I tell you, I am sure you will not believe me. So I will show you."

My eyes widen at his words. Is he going to show me his murdering tendencies? Will he sling me from a tree like those innocent people that were my age? Is that his way of showing me?

"I have nothing to do with the murder of those people, I promise," he murmurs, making my eyes widen.

Did he just...?

"Like I said, it is hard to believe, but the assumption you think is totally wild is actually very true," violet eyes says casually. "Reading minds is something I have perfected over the years, and now I would like to think I am pretty good at infiltrating someones mind."