Chapter Eight

This awesome banner was made by Mia, who didn't leave her username, but I'll go by her email name :p Thank you very much for this (:

Be sure to email me at Midika36@gmail.com with your banners, and username so I can give you a mention!

Word Count: 1856

~Thea

For a good second, I was stunned.

I could have not believed him. I could have told him he was crazy, and that walked away. But not only did I see the truth in his eyes, he relayed what had happened to me with not a single falter in his voice, in his expression.

"What...What do you mean?" I ask, my voice breathy.

"These people that you trust are planning something, Thea. Something terrible, and I need to get you out of here before they can-"

Suddenly a hand clamps on my shoulder, tight. I jump, but don't bothering to turn around to see who is behind me, because I know it is my boyfriend. His touch is one I know, especially when he is angry.

"Thea, it is time to take you home."

The look on Casper's face, in his eyes is something that is almost impossible to put adequate words to. It could almost be compared to utter malice brewing under his skin, and by the way his fists clench by his side, I can tell he is considering letting Luca get a taste.

"Don't go with him Thea," Casper says carefully. With every word that comes from his mouth, Luca's hand clenches tighter on my shoulder, but I keep my face passive.

"I am her boyfriend," Luca says carefully. "And I am going to take her home."

I can tell what this is...A contest of masculinity. Both of them are staring each other down, waiting for the other to turn around and walk away. And despite Casper being far bigger than Luca in size, my boyfriend would never step down from something like this if it killed him.

"I want to know-"

Luca cuts my words off, pushing me back behind him. The movement was so sudden I stumbled back a few steps. I wanted to question him, I wanted to understand why he did what he did last night. What Casper had to do with it...

But he was ushering me into his car, and there was nothing I could do. If it truly wasn't a dream, then my father drugged me, and Luca had been apart of that.

And at the last moment, I caught Casper's eye, and I had a feeling this wasn't ending here. And my thoughts were only confirmed by his next words.

"Don't believe them...I'm going to save you from-"

And then he disappeared, as my boyfriend drove me away

-

"Keep your doors locked tonight, okay?"

I don't say a word.

Luca turns back, as he closes all the curtains in the lounge room. He isn't staying. I told him to leave. I even told him to explain himself, but he said he would take me to the doctor in the morning, and arrest Casper too.

"Babe?" he snaps, making me look up from where I was staring at my fingers, wondering what I should do.

"You don't think you dad would drug you would you?" Luca questions, chuckling slightly. "Or me?"

I cross my arms over my chest as I lean back in my seat, still not saying a word. He sighs deeply, obviously annoyed deeply. It isn't like he hasn't told me I get on his nerves with my stubbornness before.