Chapter 1

I'm in my room once again waiting for the ball to end. I could hear the elegant music getting louder from the first floor. I feel like its teasing me that I can't come back down and enjoy the dancing or music. And all I did was spill one drink on myself. One drink! But i guess I shouldn't have done it in front of the renowned scientist in the world. Although my parents were the smart people to tell me to go talk to him. I could still picture how it went.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Mr. Jackskin was across the room at the refreshment table. The one and only renowned scientist in the world. I'm a huge science nerd and I love his work.And although people think of really smart people as old men or women, Mr. Jackskin is 22 years old. He also has hair that is the same color of the rich yellow leaves that fall during the season. His hair is flat yet fluffy on his head. . His eyes are the same color of the oceans that hardly ever see. And his skin was the same color like the chocolate that spews out of the fountains that I see every day. Apparently my parents saw me looking at him and told me to go over there.

" Are you sure I can talk to him?", I asked.

" Of course you could Diamond", my mother said, " How else are you going to show people that you aren't afraid of anything."

" Ok, mom, but what should I say?"

"You should talk to him about all the creations you build in that laboratory of yours.", said my father interrupting mine and my mother's conversation.

"Are you sure?", I asked.

"We're sure diamond; now go talk to Mr. Jackskin.", My mother assured me. " But also don't get anything on that dress.", My mother quickly rushed in.

I was wearing a midnight purple gown that had a bell that covered my feet. But once my mom said that I started to feel paranoid that I would ruin it. So with all my courage I walked up to Mr. Jackskin. Then when I was close enough to him I said, " Hello Mr. Jackskin what a pleasure to meet you."

" The pleasure is all mine your highness. But please just call me Adam." He replied while he bowed to me.

" Thank you ,Adam, in that case than you can just call me Diamond."

" Then would you please give me the honor of serving you a glass of red wine, Diamond?"

" Yes you may." I said while he looked frantically for the red whine. So I started looking for the red whine as well. Once I found it, is reached for it without thinking, but I guess Adam reached for it as the same time I did so the whine ended up in the air and on my dress. While Adam overly apologized for what he did my mother whispered in my ear to excuse myself and go to my room. And of course I did exactly what she said.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

  So while my maid (Gabrella) changed me out of my ruined dress my mind changed the subject.

Now all I could think about was my first personal guard. I never had a personal guard before so I was really curious what it would be like to have a guy follow me everywhere I go. I mostly do have guys that do that, but I never had one that would protect me.

So I had this thought while my maid finished undressing me, bathed me, and then dressed me again but this time in my violet colored silk nightgown. Even while I shut my eyes and drifted off to sleep I had this thought.