Racing (5)

Ashley's P.O.V-

Today was the day that I'd sit home and cry about what had happened yesterday. Surprisingly, Liam had called me up and asked me if I'd like to go to breakfast. Liam, out of all people, called me. He seemed like he was weary of me at first. I was expecting him to just explain to me to not talk about what had happened and that it was a one time thing, but I was wrong.

We chatted a bit as we both picked at our food, not really hungry. "So why'd you want me to come here? And tell the truth," I sighed, setting my fork down on my pancake covered plate.

"I just wanted to say sorry. I know that you noticed how I was acting around you, I was just being a little cautious with the whole situation. Yesterday wasn't the best day we've had. I mean, no that sounds wrong," he huffed, face palming himself. "I didn't mean it like that..."

"No, I get it. It wasn't one of my best days either. I wish I just had left, no offense. Just so that none of that would have happened, even though I do love you guys... Things just went too far yesterday," I sighed, resting my head in my hand.

"Yeah, I get it. Don't sweat it too much," Liam reassured. "But to kind of make up for yesterday and stuff, I would like to invite you to go racing today. Louis wanted to ride go-karts, and on behalf of the other boys, we would want you to come," he announced, grinning.

"Things can't possibly get worse, so sure," I answered, trying to ignore the screaming voice in the back of my head telling me to say no.

"Great! We better get going or we'll be late. The other lads are on their way there. Do you need to go home and change?" Liam asked, standing up and pulling his wallet out and placed money onto the table.

I reached into my pocket and set down a ten for a tip then followed him out of the diner. "Um, I'm good. We can just head over there."

On our way out, I texted my mom saying I slept at the Kinker's last night and I won't be home for a while, but I'm aright and alive.

We showed up in a black car, different from yesterday, and pulled into a large parking lot with a huge building in the center. Surrounding the secluded lot and building were just trees for miles and miles where the main track was hidden.

Myself and Liam sauntered inside, ready to race. Niall, Harry, Louis, and Zayn were standing at the counter when we arrived, speaking to the two men behind it. We silently greeted them since one of the instructors was explaining what to do and not do.

After taking a quick tour of the place, we all agreed to race inside first, do a few laps, then head out onto the main course outside in the back. An employee handed us all jumpsuits, all different with matching helmets.

Niall got green, Liam got blue, Harry got red, Louis got orange, Zayn got purple, and I got pink. I slipped out of my sweatshirt before I changed, revealing my simple black tank top. As I stepped into my jumpsuit, Niall came over and helped me zip it up.

The zipper was in the front, starting from the top of jeans up to my neck. Niall zipped it up to where the top of my shirt ended.

"We look sexy," I joked, grabbing my helmet that was all black with a simple pink stripe going down the middle, just like the jumpsuit on the back.

"Ready to eat my dust?" Louis growled, placing his helmet on his head.

"Yeah, okay Louis," Harry laughed, covering up his lush curls. He hopped into his kart, followed by Zayn saying something to Harry which made them both laugh.

Liam, Niall, and I stepped into our karts last. I put on my pink gloves and gribbed the wheel, eager to race.

I stared at the light that was blinking red, then yellow, then green. I pressed down on the gas pedal and zoomed off, heading to the front of the pack near Louis.