Chapter Seventeen

That night, as soon as Choromatsu had checked in at the hotel near the hospital and had gotten the key to his room, as soon as he saw the bed, he threw his duffle bag down on the floor.

Literally throwing himself on the bed, Choromatsu began to cry out of worry and tiredness, eventually falling fast asleep...

"Choromatsu? Hey...Choromatsu?!" Osomatsu yelled at his brother, shaking him by his shoulders. "Wake up! It's okay! Look! I'm right here! You don't have to worry about me!"

Choromatsu blinked open his eyes, relieved to see his red hooded brother leaning over him.

"I missed you..." Choromatsu said quietly and groggily.

"I know, I know," Osomatsu sighed, laughing a little. "I shouldn't have been so stupid! I promise I'll come home now. America isn't for me. I mean, Japan is just home, you know? Home is where the ones you love are."

"Do you promise to come home with me?" Choromatsu asked. "Do you promise?"

"Of course I promise," Osomatsu snorted. "It's not like I'm dying or anything. So stop worrying and just move on. I'm not hurt THAT badly in the hospital."

"What do I need to move on from?" Choromatsu asked, staring into his brother's eyes.

"From being so upset over every little thing. Because in the end, worry only speeds up the process of aging. You don't want to ever grow up, right? Stop worrying then," Osomatsu said, rubbing under his nose.

"It's hard to not worry..." Choromatsu whimpered as Osomatsu pulled him into his arms, hugging him so tightly that he could barely breathe.

"Prove to me you're stronger then," Osomatsu said affectionately, "Because you've changed. You're not just a Choromatsu. You're not only a loving human being, you're also loved very much by those around you."

"Flattery doesn't do one much good..." Choromatsu said quietly, growing limp in his brother's arms. "But I'll accept it...for now...even though I don't believe that I've changed at all. I'm still the most pathetic human I've ever known."

"You must not know many people then," Osomatsu said, gently rubbing his brother on the back to calm him down. "Because you're not the least bit pathetic. You're just a little emotional, and even then, it's not the bad."

"I'm just so worried..." Choromatsu whimpered, tears running down his cheeks. "that I'm going to lose you..."

"Hey," Osomatsu said, ending their hug, grabbing Choromatsu by his shoulders, staring into his eyes. "You're not going to lose me anytime soon. I promise. And a promise is a promise."

And just like that, Osomatsu leaned forward and lightly kissed his younger brother on the lips.

Choromatsu awoke.